British and American in one layout

In company with fellow South Shore member Cliff South I had the privilege of visiting Ron Gager and his wife Moira last week.

To my mind Ron epitomises the essence of our hobby. He is a serious modeller who doesn't take himself too seriously. Although primarily built as a British outline layout he also runs his American stock on the layout. He really knows how to have fun.

What do you think of his approach to modelling? Personally I think it's very similar to Jane Sullivan's. It is meant to be fun after all :-))

I'd like to say a public thank you to Ron and Moira for their excellent hospitality. Ron certainly shares the hobby and doubles our fun.

Pictures of his layout can be found starting here

Can't wait for our next get together - he's threatened to make me tidy up my loft so that I can get proper access to it. Now that has got to be a masochistic challenge on his part (anyone who's seen the state of my loft will tell you). Then I'll have no excuse for sharing the hobby and doubling my fun.

Enjoy, I'm hoping to have some pictures of Seaboard Southern to share with you soon.

Reply to
Mike Hughes

"Mike Hughes" wrote

Don't tell me, he models the 'Atlantic Tunnel'? ;-)

John.

Reply to
John Turner

I hear it's down due to the wrong kind of snow ...

Reply to
LDosser

As in, "Transatlantic Tunnel Hurrah", written by Harry Harrison?

(Alternative history SciFi, but not the only book by Harrison to feature railways....)

DC

Reply to
dc