Car spray paints - Australia

Since moving to Australia I have used up the last of the UK car spray paints I brought with me for painting my railway models.

Does anyone here use Australian car spray paints for this purpose, and if so what paints do you use for the following:

BR WR Brown BR Cream (custard) - UK equivalent Ford Sahara Beige F73 BR Crimson (blood) - UK equivalent Peugeot Regency Red BR Maroon - UK equivalent Rover Damask Red BR Green - UK equivalent Land Rover Deep Bronze Green BS381 c224

TIA

Reply to
John Nuttall

jumboman44211

Might be worth checking to see if Ford colours are international - If so it might be possible for someone here to find nearest Ford equivalents to the colours you mentioned - Last time I tried this I seem to remember Ford 'Sierra red' was a pretty good BR maroon - Could I ask what British colour you used for WR Brown though?

Regards

Mike

Reply to
Mike Smith

On 14/04/2006 18:49, Mike Smith said,

Vauxhall Brazil Brown is OK for GWR brown, and I believe it will do for WR brown as well. Jamaica Yellow is used for the cream (also Vauxhall)

Did people really have cars in those colours??

Reply to
Paul Boyd

Dunno what they call it, but my Saturn station wagon (a US General motors Product based on an Opel design) is a dark green that is very close to the GWR locomotive green of my modelling era. Which is why I bought it.

Reply to
Christopher A. Lee

Mike -

I haven't spray painted anything brown yet, so I don't have a UK equivalent that I have tried myself. Others have suggested Triumph Maple, Talbot (Peugeot?) Cafe Noir DS-R117, Rover Russet Brown and Vauxhall Brazil Brown.

No AU equivalent either yet.

Reply to
John Nuttall