Class 66

I have for some time heard rumours of a class 66 from Bachmann or Heljan, I wonder if anyone knows if either company are planning to produce such a model or if the rumours are nothing more than rumours, either way if anyone knows the answer please could you let me know.

Thanks Emma

Reply to
Emma

In article , Emma writes

Hi Emma,

You should hear later this month and I don't think it will be Heljan.

Pat

Reply to
Pat Hammond

It WILL definately be Heljan about February next year.

Nick

Nick Gurney

Hmmm... sounds interesting. Spoke with the chap from Heljan at last year's Warley show. He was very cagey but said to expect UK outline 'announcements' (plural - and he stressed the plural) this year.

Well, it's nearly been a year and so far we've had the Hymek announcement...a 66 would be very welcome.

Ian

*************************

Reply to
Ian Bartlett

Wishing 'Class33, Class 33, Class 33, Class 33/1.....!!'

Ian J.

Reply to
Ian J.

No chance ;-)

Nick

Nick Gurney

You may have more luck by turning in the Bachmann direction.....who, I wish would produce the class 60 and before they start to be withdrawn from service.

The manufacturers, quite often, produce stuff afterwards and then expect people to remember the past with vivid memories or wonder what to do with something they've never seen before.

Colin

Reply to
Colin

"Colin" wrote

I know you live in Wales Colin, but *who I wish*? *Who* refers to a person, Bachmann is not a person, whatever Graham Hubbard might think to the contrary. ;-)

John. :-)

Reply to
John Turner

You have my comisserations.

However, in this respect they? are a body corporate to whom the designation who is appropriate and I would suggest correct. Although probably my punctuation isn't.

Reply to
GbH

Are you really sure about that....??

You, John, being of pedantic utterance in your terminology of attempted correctness, do not quote with total correctness that which was originally shown.

I quite agree with the fact that my humble home is in Wales.....In this day and age, however, it doesn't really present much of a problem as we have roads upon which we can travel and preferably when using a motor car. I understand the person responsible for starting the Kwik-Save chain of food-stores originally used a horse and cart....something for which, I understand, the infamous "H" bridge (Rhyl) was originally designed. These days we have the A548/A547/A55/M56/M61/2/3 all within easy reach.....modern technology!!

*Who* is also plural when shown in the context stated in my original thought-out utterance which I then duly typed-out. A case of placing my thoughts into words.

Just a thought, like a flash of lightening, but would one have preferred the word *whom*.....??

Anyway, John, you should be working.....;-))

Regards,

Colin.

Reply to
Colin

"GbH" wrote

designation

*They* are not a corporate body, but *it* is. The correct term is - *It is a corporate body* - because it is singular and they is plural.

I suspect Colin should have used the word *which* rather than *who*, although it doesn't sound right in context, although I'm fairly sure it is.

John.

Reply to
John Turner

Aha!! John, was I not referring to people, employees/MD/any and/or all those concerned, with a direct involvement persuant to the point in question....?? I do comprehend....which being a thing who/to whom being a person and/or persons. But, as you mention, it just aint sound right dont it...;-))

Regards,

Colin.

Reply to
Colin

Wishing 'Class33, Class 33, Class 33, Class 33/1.....!!'

Ian J.

Bachmann in a year (or three)

-- Andy Sollis Churnet Valley Model Railway Department (Remove the Standard Tank from E-mail to reply)

Andrew Sollis CVMRD

Bachmann was a person, or in fact I think, two brothers, whe emigrated from Germany to the USa about a century ago.

Reply to
Gregory Procter

OK I'll go along with the gist of that but.. should it not be it is singular and they are plural?

PS I've forgotten what we were talking about, I'm sure it was something life-shatteringly important.

Reply to
GbH

I don't know if one would have preferred it, but I'm pretty sure grammatically whom would not've been right, I tried to say erroneous but it I couldn't spell. Whom would be more correct if you or someone was doing it or something to them, Bachmann, but not if it were Bachmann doing the doing.

Reply to
GbH

Bachmen, surely then?

Reply to
GbH

Bachmann brothers, each on their own was a person.....you're quite correct. The information can be found on the Bachmann web-site relating to/from the history of Bachmann founders to-date. Very interesting it is too..... Colin.

Reply to
Colin

Bachmannen?

Reply to