G E R transfers

I had a plastic construction kit by Airfix and ISTR that the transfers supplied were for BOAC and Air France. It was a fair while ago so I could be wrong. Mine flew before theirs courtesy of some fire work mini rockets.landing was a bit dodgy though.

G.Harman

Reply to
oldship

I suspect BOAC released the livery data to Airfix fairly early so they could tool up to release the kit when real thing came into service, but in the event the model beat it! There may well have been some "corporate bosses' desktop models" made in BOAC livery too, There were certainly some for Boeing's SST in Pan-Am livery, but the plane was never built and Pan-Am became a 'fallen flag'.

Allan Sibley

Reply to
Allansib

I had the Concordski variant - the nose fell off. BOAC & Air France transfers too - no Aeroflot though ;-)

Richard

Reply to
beamendsltd

I had a Revell Boeing SST - in fact it was two kits in one, one in high-speed and on in low-speed configuration, but as far as I recall the transfers were for a Being promotional livery, not Pan Am.

Reply to
John Nuttall

Reply to
Barbara Mitchell