Good Service - Mainly Trains

I'd like to mention the good service that I received from Mainly Trains recently.

I placed an order through their website on Friday 20th. Due to a bit of finger trouble on my part, I mistyped a digit on my credit card number and so they emailed me immediately with a query. I resolved the query on Saturday morning and took the opportunity to add to my order.

Received the goods today, Monday 23rd before 10am!

This wasn't a big order by any means - less than a tenner - and I'd messed around adding things. However, it received the same care and good service as all my orders from this supplier. Thanks very much Dave!

I must point out that I have no connection with the company except as a very satisfied customer.

Enzo Matrix

On 23/05/2005 19:26, Enzo Matrix wrote,

If anyone hasn't tried Mainly Trains, they are very well recommended. The service Enzo describes is typically excellent! They even seem to know whether something should be shipped to my home address or work address without needing to be told!

Reply to
Paul Boyd

Maybe they are psychic, and dispatch your order before they receive it!

Reply to
MartinS

On 24/05/2005 17:35, MartinS wrote,

Sometimes I wonder, but I think it has more to do with if it will arrive on a weekday they send it to work! Obviously they have both addresses on file :-) The fact that Mainly Trains aren't a million miles away from me may help delivery times!

Reply to
Paul Boyd

It is sometime since I have dealt with Mainly Trains as railway modelling has taken a back seat to work commitments.

I would have no hesitation in recommending Dave Cleal - service second to none and goods often received remarkably quickly.

Colin Antrobus

snipped-for-privacy@hotmail.com

Reply to
Colin Antrobus

"Enzo Matrix" wrote

Don't all retailers do this?

99.0% of our orders are shipped on the day they're received.

John.

Reply to
John Turner

On 27/05/2005 16:20, John Turner wrote,

Unfortunately not. I am still waiting for an order from someone who better remain nameless that was placed in May 2003. I know the order was received, but I'm assuming it won't turn up now :-(

And that is how it should be. (And to follow a previous thread, I extend the same courtesy to my eBay buyers!)

Reply to
Paul Boyd

I tend to find that there are examples of good service (orders delivered in two or three days after ordering) and bloody good service - example: I rang Mac's Models in Edinburgh desperate for some No11 packs of Kadee couplers on Monday early afternoon. The well wrapped parcel arrived early the following morning and I am at the opposite end of the country.

Seriously impressed......

Any retailer that deals courtesly and quickly with my order can be assured that I will deal with them again and that is the way it should be.

Regards John M Upton

My Fotopic Collections: South Central/Southern, Model Railway & Other Rail Pictures:

Bus Pics:

JMUpton2000

I've had some excellent service recently from our own Mr John Turner, and also from Station-Master Direct (needed some new brushes). Both orders turned up the day after I placed my order. It's customer service like that, that keeps me loyal to them, and they will be my first point of contact when I need something else. That, combined with the very reasonable prices, and P&P charges.

The main thing we all need to remember is that they also rely on the Royal Mail, even though they are often derided, they do delivery many things very quickly.

Ian

JMUpt>>On 27/05/2005 16:20, John Turner wrote,

Reply to
Ian Cornish

Why had he better remain nameless? If what you say is true I should have thought he had better be named?

Reply to
Ed Callaghan

On 28/05/2005 21:38, Ed Callaghan wrote,

Because his service is normally very good for stuff he has in stock. ...and the part in question is made by him, so this is not something that an external supplier can be blamed for. OK - it's etched numberplates!

Reply to
Paul Boyd