Good service

I purchased a Springside white metal kit of a road vehicle about three years ago at a show from a trader I can't remember, but only recently got round to opening it up. A part was missing, so I emailed Springside and asked if they may send it. It arrived today - excellent service from them.

R.

Reply to
Richard

While we're on the subject of good service my recommendations goes to Expo Tools(*), Axminster Tools(**), Mainly Trains(***) and despite not buying anything recently our good friend John Turner (****).

(*) Very quick to reply to emails and quite happy to "chat" over the net to ensure that what was ordered/offered is the same as what is actually wanted. (**) Very quick to address a concern and supply of spares. (***) What can be said that hasn't been said already? Dave Cleal = top Johnny (****) Managed to find some ratio coaches for me a year or so ago that were currently out of production. BTW John, if you're reading this do you have any of the new production GWR 4 wheelers if so, what are they like in terms of flash on the frame and how much are they going for. (usual email works).

Reply to
Chris Wilson

My "Good service" awards go to:

Express Models - ordered Wednesday at 3.30pm. Arrived Thursday 10am. Branchlines of Exeter - next day as long as you catch him before his 2pm trip to the Post Office!! Mainly Trains - ordered online on Boxing Day - received two days later.

Cheers, Mick

Reply to
Mick Bryan

Recent good service (as I don't normally do mail order for my own personal reasons)

I ordered by phone a new Hornby class 31 from a well known model shop in Hull. After talking that I could have it the next day (which was NOT preferable as I would be in bed from a night shift) the said retailer agreed to post it a day later so I cold receive it when I would be in and awake! Still less than 48 hours from ordering!

Now that is service at 53a Models ! Thanks John.!

I also had to return my ZTC 511 back to the makers. Now it did cost me a small fortune to send! but service ! Consider I sent on a Thursday, they were working at Nottingham exhibition over the weekend, I had the new upgraded model on my doorstep by Tuesday ! (However a week later, I'm still waiting for the postman to bring my second controller ordered and paid for at the same time but not yet arrived!

Reply to
Andy Sollis- Churnet Valley model Railway Dept.