Alclad Good Service

A few weeks ago, a couple of posters queried if there was some Alclad on the market recently that didn't behave properly -- basically never fully dried nor became impervious to white spirits. About the same time, I purchased four bottles of various shades of Alclad online and gradually realized that they all suffered from the slow/non-dry symptom. In reading through postings to the HyperScale forum, I discovered that Tony ("Mr. Alclad II") had asked people having problems to email him directly. I did so, telling him the four shades I had bought, and that they weren't behaving properly. I received an email back from him about 24 hours later, asking for my mailing address so that he could ship me four replacement bottles. There have been a lot of less-than-complimentary postings at HyperScale about Alclad/Tony's response to the issue, so I want to make it known that as far as I'm concerned, his response has been totally satisfactory. I also want to say that it's a great product. I'm just finishing a MiG-21 in NMF, having used six different shades of Alclad, and I'm really pleased with the result.

Pip Moss

Reply to
Pip Moss

Nice of you to post this.

Not having purchased any new Alclad in the last year, I haven't closely followed this issue. Did Tony (or anybody else) explained what specifically was causing the problems?

Was it just a bad batch of paint that got out?

Peteski

Reply to
Peter W.

in article snipped-for-privacy@l39g2000cwd.googlegroups.com, Peter W. at snipped-for-privacy@my-deja.com wrote on 11/29/06 1:38 AM:

Don't have an answer for that, but I have read posts at HyperScale that replacement bottles were fine.

Pip Moss

Reply to
Pip Moss

Ok, thanks. Peteski