Hornby 44331

I have one of these locos which is tender driven. Two of the axles have wheels with tyres. Does anyone know if it is possible to replace these with plain wheels. Thanks.

-- John Culyer

Reply to
invalid

This has been done but to retain the same traction the "coal" had to be replaced with 100grams of ballast. There is insufficient room at the ends or sides.

Peter A.

Reply to
Sailor

This has been done but to retain the same traction the "coal" had to be replaced with 100grams of ballast. There is insufficient room at the ends or sides.

Peter A.

Plus theres a replacement motor available - said to be much quieter. Must find the details and get one !

cheers, Simon

Reply to
simon

Buy a new loco-drive "Railroad" one with a 5-pole motor - around £50.

Reply to
MartinS

He would find it difficult as the Fowler 4F tender loco has never been released in the Railroad range.

Perhaps you may be confusing it with the Patriot or even 9F.

Riddles

Reply to
Riddles

Thanks for the replays everyone. I shall seek out the appropriate wheels and see what I can achieve. Regards

Reply to
John C

Could be next on the list though, am going to get one of those Patriots, when it whizzes passed will look fine, esp with bit of weathering.

Cheers, Simon

Reply to
simon

Perhaps I am. There is a Railroad Black 5 too.

Reply to
MartinS