Lima 66

Ive recently obtained a Lima 66 in Freightliner green (66501)

Its detailing is very good but the motorised bogie is a little stiff when twisted (ie going round curves)

Ive got a few tight bends on my layout including some crossovers and it keeps derailing

Is it a fault with the design or do I have a duff model

Can it be solved easily?

Thanks

AW

Reply to
Andy Worrall

"Andy Worrall" wrote

Yes it can, the problem is that the motor bogie is too tight a fit in the hole in the loco chassis and that is restricting its free movement.

Remove the body (there are retaining clips below the front cab windows from memory) and the power bogie. Then just lightly file or scrape the plastic from the arced ends of hole in the chassis into which the bogie fits. You don't need to remove much, but the exact amount can only be determined by trial & error.

John.

Reply to
John Turner

Further to Johns posting, there are occasionally pips on the motor bogie pegs, which catch in said hole, again gentle removal with a file will also help.

Reply to
Dave Skipsey

John/Dave

Many thanks for advice

Ive done as suggested and he engine now runs much better

Thanks again AW

Reply to
Andy Worrall