M & P Models Church Gresley near Swadlincote

I can deal with the 'Arkwright's' of this world, I am also a Star Trek fan ( explains a lot I hear your cry ) so I just speak Klingon at them.

Just a bit of advice about some parents of children with autism ....

"Our children have autism but they are not autistic children !"

Slight subtle difference but some parents can get very upset about it.

To me it's an understandable mistake but .....

Chris

Reply to
Dragon Heart

"Our children have autism but they are not autistic children !"

Slight subtle difference but some parents can get very upset about it.

To me it's an understandable mistake but .....

Chris

Thanks, as its important to them theres no reason not to use it now that I know.

Are you going to Derby this weekend ?

Cheers, Simon

Reply to
simon

Simon asked :-

" Are you going to Derby this weekend ?"

Yes & No !

Yes we are off to Derby this weekend but not to the Assembly rooms !

We are off to see the 7 mm model railway at the industrial museum which also now has "The Midland Railway Study Centre".

The railway is also running next Saturday 26th April between 10 am -

4.45 pm

The Mickleover club organise the show at Derby and whilst we enjoy the smaller show at Mickleover the one at Derby is too crowded ( the wife and son got fed up of getting pushed & knocked about last year ).

Several families visited the show then the museum whilst we were there and they said it was packed !

Did you go ?

Chris

Reply to
Dragon Heart

Yep, we went on Sunday. didnt seem packed esp after 2pm. mind you there were a few self important visitors !

Heard about the museum, would like to visit, but not on a saturday. Had enough trouble circling Derby on sunday - didnt stop to look at map till was way out then got foxed by the one way system.

Cheers, Simon

Reply to
simon

Easy ... museum only about 150 yards from Assembly rooms.

For you I guess you'd come via M1 J25 onto A52.

At first roundabout you meet (The Pentagon) take second turn off to City Centre.

Keep in left hand lane and take first turn off ( you'll see sign for Derby Evening Telegraph office ). Road swing around to right and you go into a dip, At bottom turn into Darwin Place car park.

On foot go back down ramp, turn right, cross over road and turn left with Exeter Pub on your right. Cross over river bridge and you'll see Derby market place in front of you. Take crossing to right and follow road past the old police station with scaffolding and blue barriers towards man on horse. You'll see Silk Mill to your right.

To get out of car park take left most exit which feeds you back onto A52.

Chris

Reply to
Dragon Heart