Mainline Warship

I have a Mainline Warship with clicking gears that will only run at close to full power. I bought some new Mainline replacement gears from EBay from a chap who claims to have repaired many Peaks and Warships with these gears. The replacement gears are black (the original ones are white) and significantly smaller than the originals. The larger of the replacement gears also seems to be designed for a smaller spindle than on my Warship.

Are all Mainline Warships the same, or did they change the design of the gears after a while? I've also noticed that my armature has a brass gear on it which appear to contradict information I have seen elsewhere.

Reply to
Gerald H

"Gerald H" wrote

The gears are split and useless. This is normal for what are now 25+ year old obsolete models.

Don't waste your money trying to repair it; buy one of the more recent Bachmann models - the mechanism is far, far superior.

John.

Reply to
John Turner

Gerald,

If your'e still looking for the gears, for the Mainline Warship, I have one stripped down. You're more than welcome to have the gears to get your model up and running again.

Email me; snipped-for-privacy@hotmail.com with your home address, and I'll post them at the weekend.

Wilson

Reply to
Wilson Adams