Motors for Hornby 110's

I have a couple of Hornby 110 dmu's and by the sound and running capabilities of them, I think the motors are well and truly past their sell-by date. Have made enquiries but complete motors are apparently not available as spares, so would anyone have a couple laying about they don't want that I could take off their hands. Will pay for them, of course. (I guess that makes this a sort of reverse-ebay).

Cheers Dave

Reply to
Dave Potter

What's wrong with them? Are they screetching & stalling? If so put some La Belle or similar lubricant on the motor bearings which are notorious for drying out.

Kevin Martin

Reply to
Kevin Martin

Thanks Kevin

That's precisely what they're doing. Have some Peco Electrolube, is that same sort of stuff?

Reply to
Dave Potter

"Dave Potter" wrote

It will do the job.

John.

Reply to
John Turner

clean the armature free of carbon. Remove the gears clean and oil them. Use sewing machine oil as it does not attack plastic and you may have to manually start the motor a few times to get it going. Most of treat it to new brushes and springs. regards, Steve

Reply to
titans

'Overhaul' if you don't mind....

'Before you scrap them completely, try a motor Overhaul'.

Reply to
:::Jerry::::