Name for Station...help!!

In message , Neil Kirby writes

Not too far away from me, and less than a mile from Knockholt station and two miles from the M25 junction 4, is the beautiful Kent village of Pratt's Bottom. I recommend this as the name of your station.

Reply to
Jane Sullivan

Wetwang is a good one. Its honorary mayor, Richard Whiteley, just died.

Reply to
MartinS

"MartinS"

A question I should also ask on ratcs, who the hell is/was Richard Whiteley?

Yes, I've Googled but he's still an unknown on this side of the pond.

-- Cheers Roger T.

Home of the Great Eastern Railway

Roger T.

In message , Roger T. writes

I know they say "never speak evil of the dead", but thank your lucky stars.

Reply to
Jane Sullivan

Roger... I've answered this in The Other Place.

Reply to
Enzo Matrix

"Roger T." wrote A question I should also ask on ratcs, who the hell is/was Richard Whiteley?

Anchor man on a regional TV news programme "Calendar" for many years (The Yorkshire area) and the first person to be seen on Channel 4 when it went live then presenter of Countdown, a CH4 quiz show for many years with Carol Vorderman (You must find her on Google!?)

Reply to
Andy Sollis- Churnet Valley model Railway Dept.

Carol who?

(kim)

Reply to
kim

The thinking man's crumpet :-)

Jim.

Reply to
Jim Guthrie

A soubriquet also enjoyed by Eleanor Bron, Antonia Fraser, and Helen Mirren!

Cheers, Steve

Reply to
Steve W

Blimey, that used to be Joan Bakewell, mind you I expect I'm showing my age there. :-)

John Watson

Reply to
John Watson

"John Watson" wrote

I think you'd need to be drawing your pension to find Ms. Bakewell attractive these days! :-)

John.

Reply to
John Turner

Tart

(Someone had to say it)

Reply to
Chris Wilson

You have to pause to think?

Reply to
Chris Wilson

Nope, a few years to go yet; it was just something I heard, honest guv.

John W

Reply to
John Watson

"Christopher A. Lee" wrote

SEX 1 E was on a Jaguar E-type seen regularly around Hull in the late 60s.

John.

Reply to
John Turner

The message from "John Turner" contains these words:

H18 OYS (spaced as HI BOYS) is/was owned by a local female (who is nothing special as far as I know...).

Reply to
David Jackson