"No more lights" from Bachmann?

There's a revealing statement on Bachmann's DCC FAQ page

to the effect that built-in lighting is "mostly on American models" which suggests they have no intention of fitting lights to future British outline. Indeed it would not surprise me if future variants of models which already have lights have them removed as happened with the new Class 37/0.

(kim)

Reply to
kim

No, I think they are referring to the American use of flashing patterns of various types not the simple presence of lights.

Mark Thornton

Reply to
Mark Thornton

Not necessarily:

"Lighting functions - mainly for American trains: the function outputs can be set to different fancy flashing schemes, for example"

American locos have flashing warning lights on the front.

Well if the 66 doesn't have lights then that'll be a big disappointment, they're a noticeable feature of the Sheds.

66s also have the ability to make all its lights flash, that'd be interesting to see on a model.
Reply to
Ben C

Ben C wrote:-

The more so where I live as most are scheduled to run between 11.00pm and

1.00am when the lines are empty.

Not only do I not expect the new Bachmann to have lights I would be surprised if it had any of the underframe detail shown so clearly in the above photo. Bachmann appear to have positioned all their new models at the very bottom of the market below Heljan and Hornby and with an absolute minimum of detail to keep their costs down.

(kim)

Reply to
kim

I agree with you. Don't forget that the Bachmann EZ Command system is also available in the USA.

Reply to
John Sullivan

"kim" wrote

I have it on the authority of our Bachmann rep that the new class 66 will not only have lights, but that they will be switchable between day and night running features (whatever that means).

John.

Reply to
John Turner

"John Sullivan" <

Hence the name, EZ, or Ee Zee, Easy.

-- Cheers Roger T.

Home of the Great Eastern Railway

Roger T.

Certain lights are used during daytime, others during night. They have different brightnesses. It's an anti-dazzle feature (well, relatively, the lights are bright either way!).

Therefore, 'day and night running features' means you can switch different lights in and out as appropriate.

PhilD

Reply to
PhilD

"PhilD" wrote

Thanks Phil.

John.

Reply to
John Turner

To elaborate, "Day Running" has the secondmans side headlight illuminated and "Night Running" has the drivers side headlight illuminated. In both cases all three marker lights are illuminated on 66s.

Cheers, John.

Reply to
John Lancaster