Opinion needed Lima model (Price)

Hello group,

I have a Limited edition Lima Class D9016 in Porterbrook Livery. It is a limited edition of 1200 and I have certificated number 1. The model is in mint condition and I am considering selling it. I have found number 970 on the web for sale with an asking price of £129.99. Given the huge increase in prices on some Lima models these days I was wondering if anyone could give me a guide price for this model considering the certificate number.

Regards

Mark

Mark

Reply to
Mark

"Mark" wrote

I've found demand for Lima models has dropped significantly, especially where higher spec models have been released by other manufacturers. Lima classes 20, 31, 37, 40, 47, 50, 52 and 55 seem to be unsaleable these days, unless the price is rock-bottom.

The proof in the pudding with your Porterbrook class 55 would be to offer it for auction on eBay. The fact that someone else has one on offer at GBP129.99 doesn't mean anything, especially if it's still for sale.

John.

Reply to
John Turner

I agree with John. Ebay is an absolute waste of time if you are selling limited edition= Lima models as the market is very small and 10 days auction time is not enough time to ge= nerate the type of interest required, especially at this time of the year.

Best to sell the item through Vectis and put a reserve on it. Even though its number 1 yo= u will be lucky to generate more than =C2=A370-=C2=A380 which is the type of money Vec= tis generates for this type of collectable looking at past auctions. Their commisio= n is about 17.5%.

The fact is there is so much better available now. Standard Lima fayre goes for =C2=A3=

25 on Ebay!

Simon

x-- 100 Proof News -

3,500+ Binary NewsGroups, and over 100,000 other groups x-- Access to over 1.6 Terabytes per Day - $8.95/Month x-- UNLIMITED DOWNLOAD

Reply to
Simon Smith

On 21/06/2005 19:02, John Turner wrote,

A while ago you couldn't get a Lima Western for love nor money, now second-hand stalls at shows are cluttered with them for £20 - £25, and they ain't selling. I need a couple of Lima railcar bodyshells, for hackery, but can I get them? Just waiting for Hornby/Bachmann/Heljan to release a better version so Lima prices plummet...

Well, whilst on the subject, if you have any spare Lima railcar bodyshells at "normal" bodyshell prices, say a tenner max, there is a feedback form on my website where you can make contact. You have to live in hope!

Reply to
Paul Boyd

"Paul Boyd" wrote

I've been selling Lima Westerns for GBP15-20 for two or three years, *and* struggling to shift them even at that price. Mindst, they never ran in this area (Hull) but the models still keep turning up, so I guess they *were* popular at one time.

John.

Reply to
John Turner

For those of you taht are interested it sold on Ebay for £115.00

Seems there still is a market for some Lima models.

Reply to
Mark

Well done. I only hope I do as well with Bachmann's limited edition Class

57/6 in Porterbrook livery.

(kim)

Reply to
kim