[OT] Outlook Express problem...

Can anyone tell me why Outlook Express is suddenly refusing to send messages from my outbox to newsgroups unless I manually select "Send All" from the Tools menu? It only started happening after a recent update to Windows XP and installation of Internet Explorer 7. I've Googled this problem till I'm blue in the face and got nowhere. Everything else works normally.

(kim)

Reply to
kim

Glad to see it's not just me...Odd thing with me is that sometimes it works as it used to, but on other occasions it works as you describe. Brian

Reply to
BH Williams

You installed that update, is why. As to how come it happens that way, I dunno. I doubt that the programmers at MS know why, either. But if it's a widespread problem, it may get addressed in the next update. Which will be a while coming, as updates and bug fixes for Vista will take priority for the next couple of years.

If you can't live with this new quirk of OE, you could try a different newsgroup client, such as Mozilla Thunderbird. It works fine with Windows 2000 Pro SP4 with all current updates, so should work fine with XP as well.

Keep yer chin up - but don't lead with it!

Reply to
Wolf

"kim" wrote

I've had this occasionally with one of my news-servers, and the fault lie there and not with OE.

John.

Reply to
John Turner

"John Turner" wrote

I should add that I'm using WXP and IE7, and the problem hasn't arisen since I switched to using news.supernews.com as my newserver.

John.

Reply to
John Turner

Isn't news.supernews.com a payable subscription service? I'm trying to think what possible value could reside on usenet that I would pay to see it!

I should add that I'm using WXP and IE6, and the (OP's) problem hasn't arisen since I didn't upgrade to IE7 and I didn't switch to using news.supernews.com as my newserver.

Cheers, Steve

Reply to
Steve W

"Steve W" wrote

Yes, but the option I'm on is very low cost, and at least it's reliable.

If you were into railway photography, reliable acces to alt.binaries.pictures.rail alone would be worth the GBP30-ish annual subscription.

John.

Reply to
John Turner

Have you looked at the Tools/option/send menu settings ? Theres a box that says send immediately.

Cheers, Simon

Reply to
simon

A very fair answer. Thank you John.