OT - Press release from the DVLA

Has anyone else seen the latest press release from the DVLA?
<quote> In order to assist other motorists in identifying potentially
dangerous drivers, it's now compulsory for anyone with a lower than average driving ability to display a warning flag
The flag (consisting of a red cross on a white background) will be attached to the top of at least one door of their vehicle.
For drivers of exceptionally low ability, additional flags are required. </quote>
--
John Sullivan
OO in the garden http://www.yddraiggoch.demon.co.uk/railway/railway.html

ROTFLMBO ... seriously, where did that come from?
--

All the best,

Chris Wilson

Someone posted it to uk.local.south-wales
--
John Sullivan
OO in the garden http://www.yddraiggoch.demon.co.uk/railway/railway.html

LOL. Thanks for that John.
Although I thought that message may have originated in Michael Owen land - North Wales :-)
Tommy

Very good John, I wondered why I was seeing so many of them recently :-)
--

With Kind regards from

Mike in West Sussex. UK
"John Sullivan" wrote

It seems it's compulsory for taxi drivers in Hull to carry two such flags, which really says something! :-)
John.

I thought everyone in Hull was mad on rugby (league)
--
John Sullivan
OO in the garden http://www.yddraiggoch.demon.co.uk/railway/railway.html
"John Sullivan" wrote

This 'ullian is, but there's also the small matter of Hull City AFC, by far the best supported club in the second and third divisions last season.
Personally I think the only saving grace about Euro 2004 is that with Rugby League and Cricket played at the same time it is at least possible to avoid the bloody thing!
John.

Hear, hear. I'm going to see Kent play the West Indies on Monday week, and I am looking forward to it greatly.
--
John Sullivan
OO in the garden http://www.yddraiggoch.demon.co.uk/railway/railway.html
In blithered:

There are taxis in Hull?
--
If Your specification is vague or imprecise, you'll likely get what you
asked for not what you want

According to a friend of mine who works for Hull City Council over 70% of Private Hire drivers in Hull have a prison record.
John.
In blithered:

It always tickled me that the maternity home, prison and cemetry were next door to one another. One could complete one's whole life in about 100yds.
--
If Your specification is vague or imprecise, you'll likely get what you
asked for not what you want
"GbH" wrote

door to

Nah mate, no pub nor betting shop! ;-)
John.

Prison record? Would that be 'Jailhouse Rock' by any chance? ;o)
John.
On Sat, 12 Jun 2004 11:17:41 +0100, "GbH"

You've got to get out of it somehow :-)
Jim.
John Sullivan wrote:

I've been up to the Gauge O exhibition at Pollockshaws, Glasgow today. Didn't see any of those flags but there were some blue ones with white crosses stuck on the back of quite a few vehicles, does that mean "passed"? Or perhaps "passed over"?
Ken.

Nah! It means that they're "cross" because they aren't involved...
--
Dave,
Frodsham
David Jackson wrote:

Are you by any chance the Dave of Frodsham who sold me a Triumph 2 Litre Razor Edge Saloon in the 1970's?
Ken.

Nah! Don't do dodgy motors, me, mate!
--
Dave,
Frodsham

That's whisky-land matey, it don't mean "passed" at all - it means "pissed"! ;-)
John.