OT - Press release from the DVLA

Has anyone else seen the latest press release from the DVLA?

In order to assist other motorists in identifying potentially dangerous drivers, it's now compulsory for anyone with a lower than average driving ability to display a warning flag

The flag (consisting of a red cross on a white background) will be attached to the top of at least one door of their vehicle.

For drivers of exceptionally low ability, additional flags are required.

Reply to
John Sullivan

ROTFLMBO ... seriously, where did that come from?

Reply to
Chris Wilson

Very good John, I wondered why I was seeing so many of them recently :-)

Reply to
Mike in Sussex UK

In message , Chris Wilson writes

Someone posted it to uk.local.south-wales

Reply to
John Sullivan

"John Sullivan" wrote

It seems it's compulsory for taxi drivers in Hull to carry two such flags, which really says something! :-)

John.

Reply to
John Turner

In message , John Turner writes

I thought everyone in Hull was mad on rugby (league)

Reply to
John Sullivan

In news:caehjh$cpj$ snipped-for-privacy@newsreaderm1.core.theplanet.net, John Turner blithered:

There are taxis in Hull?

Reply to
GbH

"GbH" wrote

According to a friend of mine who works for Hull City Council over 70% of Private Hire drivers in Hull have a prison record.

John.

Reply to
John Turner

"John Sullivan" wrote

This 'ullian is, but there's also the small matter of Hull City AFC, by far the best supported club in the second and third divisions last season.

Personally I think the only saving grace about Euro 2004 is that with Rugby League and Cricket played at the same time it is at least possible to avoid the bloody thing!

John.

Reply to
John Turner

You've got to get out of it somehow :-)

Jim.

Reply to
Jim Guthrie

John Sullivan wrote in >Message-id:

LOL. Thanks for that John.

Although I thought that message may have originated in Michael Owen land - North Wales :-)

Tommy

Reply to
Tommy

In news:caen1i$fkn$ snipped-for-privacy@newsreaderm1.core.theplanet.net, John Turner blithered:

It always tickled me that the maternity home, prison and cemetry were next door to one another. One could complete one's whole life in about 100yds.

Reply to
GbH

"GbH" wrote

Nah mate, no pub nor betting shop! ;-)

John.

Reply to
John Turner

In message , John Turner writes

Hear, hear. I'm going to see Kent play the West Indies on Monday week, and I am looking forward to it greatly.

Reply to
John Sullivan

I've been up to the Gauge O exhibition at Pollockshaws, Glasgow today. Didn't see any of those flags but there were some blue ones with white crosses stuck on the back of quite a few vehicles, does that mean "passed"? Or perhaps "passed over"?

Ken.

Reply to
Ken Parkes

The message from Ken Parkes contains these words:

Nah! It means that they're "cross" because they aren't involved...

Reply to
David Jackson

Are you by any chance the Dave of Frodsham who sold me a Triumph 2 Litre Razor Edge Saloon in the 1970's?

Ken.

Reply to
Ken Parkes

"Ken Parkes" wrote

That's whisky-land matey, it don't mean "passed" at all - it means "pissed"! ;-)

John.

Reply to
John Turner

Prison record? Would that be 'Jailhouse Rock' by any chance? ;o)

John.

Reply to
John Lancaster

The message from Ken Parkes contains these words:

Nah! Don't do dodgy motors, me, mate!

Reply to
David Jackson