Royal Train info

I want to model in N the Royal train post 1977, but try as I might using the web all I seem to be able to dig up are the references on 'Lizzies' site, and Wiki's notes. These all seem to focus on either the engines (useful but not what I'm after) or the carriage numbers. Do any of you know of a book that will identify the base model for each of the carriages, and sources for imagesof the carriages that will facilitate the modelling of them? If you know of a book and it's ISBN or a good web site that would be perfect. Thank you all for your help.

Reply to
64Magnette

I just did a quick search on Amazon.co.uk for 'royal train' and it came up with quite a few titles. I have no idea which would be the best to look at though.

Reply to
Ian J.

"Royal Trains" by Patrick Kingston

Reply to
Christopher A.Lee

I think the Railway Modeller has some articles around the time of the Charles/Diana wedding, which would be early 80's. Sorry cannot be more specific.

From vague memories, the doorways for the carriages are considerably wider than "normal" coaching stock.

- Nigel

Reply to
Nigel Cliffe

Nigel Cliffe said the following on 24/10/2007 12:38:

They do, now you mention it - July/August 1981 rings a bell. They were quite good articles and give all the info necessary.

Reply to
Paul Boyd