Latest threads in Model railroading in the UKshow only best voted threads

Subject Author Posted Replies

Claremont and television
Malcolm, Our Sky dish appears to have given up the ghost. It hasn't bothered us as we don't watch TV but we may have a guest later in the year who is an avid watcher of TV - even day-time TV! We only...
2
2

James May TOYS
Just been catching up on some of the programs I recorded last month. One of which was presented by James May on Toys. He loves model trains apparently and it showed his layout at home. Two items did...
27
27

Bit slow perhaps ?
Building a crafstman kit - first try at brass loco body. Taken 2 hours to solder tank top and beading to tank side. Is there hope that will speed up with more practice - have already done buffer beams...
5
5

Painting Rubber ?
I have some small rubber plungers that will look great as oil / fuel drums but I need to paint / colour them .... any ideas ? Chris
5
5

Hornby DCC Decoders
I'm looking to get a Hornby 153 and wondered how good the decoder in the DCC version is. I have a Digitrax system which works OK with Lenz, TCS and obviously Digitrax but not very well with ZTC. What...
2
2

Practical BRM
Anyone read it? Opinions? I'll share mine later MBQ
23
23

Eastleigh100 Update
Advance tickets for Saturday's event , May 23rd 2009 , have now all been sold. If you have already applied for that day , then they will be available in the post in the next few days. Advance tickets...

Three-wheel coaches
Has anybody seen the latest Gaugemaster adverts showing Piko G-gauge stuff? There's one inside the back cover of the May Model Rail. At the bottom of the advert it says "3-wheeled coaches due later in...
8
8

Carr's Metal Black for Brass
How is one supposed to use it? I brushed it on with mediocre results. Maybe I should have cleaned the brass more? MBQ
8
8

Clear plastic for windows? Thin wood?
Where can one obtain quantities of clear plastic or perspex, (preferably with the protective rubber films which are removed upon installation)? Would the windows from mobile phones do? Also, how does...
25
25

Seems a bit excessive...
airfix 4F code3 for £120 or am I misunderstanding something ? Simon
24
24

Model Rail Mag
Can anyone tell me if it is possible to get Model Rail Mag posted to you, other that Great Magazines. I started my subscription in December 2008 for a year and this is the second time I have had...
5
5

Gun blue
Great suggestion! The rails need to be clean (no greasy finger marks, clean first with alcohol or acetone, I guess) but the result is way beyond expectations. On nickel silver rails it produces a dull...

Eastleigh100 Open Weekend reminder.
Deadline for internet and postal ticket applications is May 16. After that delivery cannot be guaranteed. A reminder that 'The Railway Magazine' edition that is currently on the shelves is the last...

Hmmm - Interesting site
Looking for something else I stumbled across the linked site below. That was several hours ago. on several levels Regards Mike
5
5