Latest threads in Model railroading in the UKshow only best voted threads

Subject Author Posted Replies

Jim Guthrie's web sites
Hi Jim You had som very good articles on your web site on constructing lightweight baseboards from plywood. I have the links on my link page on I earlier this evening tried to link to those articles...
13
13

MAAS test
OK, I tried the MAAS metal polish last night. Since my layout is still under construction it doesn't see much running and the rails were quite dirty. I took a piece of a "super" paper towel, wrapped...
2
2

DC output from decoder, can you a get any which output smooth DC?
Like many I just connect things up as per instructions and usually they work and I don't worry too much about the technical innards However am I right in thinking that a decoder controls a motor by...
2
2

Just gone mad with Lima DMUs
3 x 3 coach Lima 117 DMUs 1 x 2 coach DMU 2 extra centres Out bid on the spare end car - for DMSO purposes I need 4 DMSO conversions and I have enough bits for 1 Tempted to scrap the 2 car and produce...
1
1

DCC Bus Rail and wiring.
Got a bit of a wiring problem to solve, and not quite sure how to address this, so if anyone can help would be greatly appreciated. Using DCC Block Detection on my layout along with a DCC signal...
3
3

Best place for model railway chat
Used to be on here a lot a few years ago. However is it worth joining a forum? Any recommendations please?
16
16

Ebay sales
Goes with, like and other brands Really gets on my nerves If I wanted that brand I would search that brand
11
11

Ballasting
Just about to start doing the ballasting on my now pinned down/laid model railway, I understand from research you need to mix 50/50 of Wood Glue and water? Whats the best way to mix this? I dont want...
53
53

Layout drawing software
Once you have your layout mapped out/designed/pinned down and points all wired up for DCC, is there any good software (free or commercial) that allows you to put this in the computer/PC and then mark...
12
12

Steam age breakdown train
Folks, Once I get the new layout up and running I fancy running a "Breakdown train" and whilst I'm waiting for planning permission on the layout from SWHTBO (she wants to convert the garage to a new...
3
3

Zero 1 Known Faults? advice on Master/Micromimic Console
I have not had my Zero 1 powered up for at least 25 years but yes, I do remember that the green power light flickered and the unit emitted a sort of ticking noise. ROB
15
15

Hornby Accessory Decoders?
I have a quick question on DCC accessory decoders, that hopefully has an easy answer. On the Hornby Select, it will only expect/allow the start address from 61 onwards, I am assuming that is because...
2
2

2012 Sixth Annual Model Railway Wish List Poll
Dear Fellow Modeller, This message is to let you know that the 2012 Sixth Model Railway Wish List poll is now open for voting. Please use the following links to the poll: 2mm Scale Poll: Scale Poll:...

Lighting and Signals
As a newbie (well back into model railways again), I was wondering now with DCC, what is the best power supply feed/way to drive those devices (signals, lighting, and anything else that relies on) 12v...
4
4

Kits
I have been building some kits. I am not the most experienced railway modeller in the world but I have built hundreds (literally: I was a wargamer as a lad) of plastic vehicle kits in my time. The...
2
2