Latest threads in ⚡ Welding Forumsshow only best voted threads

Subject Author Posted Replies

Welder that sat outside for a year
Miller GoldStar 300S like this one (not identical) you say that it is guaranteed to become unusable if it sits outside for a year, in Illinois climate?...
6
6

PICTURE -- Big vs. small impact wrench
Somewhat amusing.
64
64

Miller Welding Video Library -FREE!!!!!
Many, many thanks, Ernie!
5
5

flap wheel dust (from steel) magnetic?
I have been building steel stairways inside new town houses, which are of course made of wood & drywall. The builder called me just now and said his drywall screws are beginning to become visible,...
8
8

Technique question
I am going to weld a 3" x 3" X .120" square tube on to a 12" square by 3/8" baseplate. I want good strength as these will be the posts for an awning. Would you use 7018 or 7024 rod and keep the puddle...
3
3

I don't know if anyone is in the market, but . . . .
I was looking at something quite different and happened to come across these prices at Grainger's. Maybe Ernie or some other professionals could report on the value of the Fabricators. For the money,...
5
5

FS: Miller M-25 MIG gun
This is a used but still very usable MIG gun off my Millermatic. It will fit many Miller machines including but not necessarily limited to: 250 250X 251 252. It has a pretty new liner and a new nozzle...
2
2

Failed weld the cause of NYC crane collapse?
now believe that the rebuilt turntable wound up in a tower crane involved in a fatal accident at 91st Street and First Avenue on May 30, according to NationsBuilders Insurance Services, the insurer...
2
2

Weldlogic PA10/100 remote wiring and manual request
I have recently purchased a Weldlogic PA10/100 weler and am having difficulty reading the schematic to connect a PA adj 4 remote pedal. Can anyone help? I am also looking for a manual for the same...
1
1

Welder Recommendation?
Gentlemen: I'm looking to purchase a welder for home projects. The maximum weld material will probably be 3x4 angle steel (iron?) for trailers. Possibly something a bit thicker, but not much. Arc vs....
4
4

Rivet Question
Greetings all, I have acquired a 12' Aluminum flat bottomed Jon boat that will require replacing the braces in the bottom as well as some work on the seats. These pieces are of course riveted in place...
7
7

What is a Miller Matic 35 worth?
Thinking of replacing my old Miller Matic 35. I bought it new in about 74, and actually used it very little. I would estimate no more than 500 hours over the years, tops. Still works as good as ever,...
8
8

A case for Aluminum Welding?
A garage sale mistake here: is a 24" aluminum pipe wrench. If you look closely, you will see that this wrench has a crack on the left side that I did not notice. This seems to be a good case for...
14
14

GMAW process
GMAW-- welding with my millermatic 250 with CO2 shielding gas... this is short circuit transfer, yes? Not globular, or spray, correct?
1
1

Welding mild steel to stainless
I wanted to make a little addition to my "welding cable/torch hanging tree". The plan was to take a stainless panel, that I already had, approximately 6x18 inches, and weld it to some steel support...
6
6