Best Rated threads in ⚡ Welding Forumsshow all threads

Subject Author Posted Replies

Opinions on Lincoln Precision TIG 185 ...
Hi All, As a longtime lurker and sometimes poster I know I am coming to the best place for opinions on the Lincoln TIG 185.... I have been reading all the posts and understand most of the differences...
9
9

suitcase wire feeders and dual shield ?
Anybody have any comments on these voltage sensing wire feeders.I see lots of used Lincoln LN25's on the used market but I am looking at a used Miller 8VS with a 180 amp torch.I am hoping to run .035...
9
9

TIG welding an aluminum head INSIDE the exhaust port ?
Ok, experts, I have an interesting problem with the aluminum head on my Toyota 22R engine (233K miles). It has developed a small hole (.080 ?) from the water jacket into the exhaust port about an inch...
8
8

Old Craftsman Stick Welder Opinion
Hi. Im still searching for that elusive under $100, 180+ Amp AC 220v stick welder, and came across an 1980's vintage Craftsman 35-230 A AC machine for $85. Havent bought it yet. Was wondering if any...
15
15

Welded frame passing safety inspection?
Hey all, I’m about to fix a few holes in my frame by welding and started to think - will such repair pass safety inspection? I mean there must be standards around such repairs in your...

craftsman 35-230
Hi, Just picked up a craftsman welder model 35-230 i plan to use on a truck frame repair. The welder came without a lead cable.......anyone out there that can identify the correct lead connector for...
2
2

Mea culpa - 7016 polarity :-)
Hello all Hilarious driving home of a lesson about electrodes and the polarity they need. Yesterday, all way from 0730 to morning break at 10am, had the welding machine on DCEN for 7016 rods. Did...

no arc
powcon300sm-over time been sitting in garage,got out to use,no arc on welding rod,took cover off,mice had nest built in machine,blew out,still no arc,i need help
1
1

WHAT IS WRONG WITH THIS PICTURE
I struggled with this thing for years, and mostly just relegated it to running flux core. It will push flux core FCAW all day long, but I think I might have finally found the problem with MIG. I never...

stringer vs weave
Hello all For positional welds like 3G / 3F - vertical upwards, how do you choose between stringer-bead and weave? For those of you working to WPS's (Welding Procedure Specifications), do the WPS's...

engine block
i have a pencil lead size hole on the side of my block on my engine which is leaking antifreeze its a 6lt diesel will jb weld work to fix this or is there somthing better ? help please cause i dont...
1
1

308 or 309 or ??
My neighbor wants us to TIG weld up a bracket for a stabilizer link on a 4WD , mild steel part . I have 309 and 308 SS on hand in 1/8" , and can easily get mild steel meant for OA welding . Will one...
9
9

gas torch for propane question
I've bought an oxy propane cutting torch set: torch (PNMS nozzle), regulators, hoses and flashback arrestors. It's fine for brazing but the cutting torch is a bit big and unwieldy. I asked a welding...
9
9

The short answer, please
What's the difference between the Millermatic 250 and the 252, other than price. TIA Steve
16
16

"Blue Back Rouge Paper"
Good afternoon, My father (he is 90) has asked if I Know of where he can get hold of some. Some of his steel tools are showing signs of rust (its probably me I've got rust fingers!). he tells me he...
6
6

GMAW-Pulse, or Pulsing with Frustration
Howdy, All! Anyone have any good rules of thumb to follow for pulsed mig? I've got to requalify on it. It's one of those qualifications (quals) that I got several years ago and never once used. Here's...
2
2

MIG "nozzle gel" - worth it's weight
worth it's weight in gold? or maybe "worth it's in turds"? do you use it now? never have? used to use it, but gave it up? use PAM instead? "just use vaseline", or other alternates? what BRAND of it do...
2
2

Fence across creek
We have a creek that runs across our property near the road. Normally it is a little thing about six inches deep and maybe three feet wide. But when it rains hard it swells. Yesterday it was as big as...
14
14

OA welding thick square rods
Hi, I am in the process of building railing in front of the windows of my home shop. It will basically be a grill made of 10 mm by 10 mm mild steel rods. The purpose is to hopefully deter thiefs. I...
24
24

MIG and painted metal
--Seems like just about every time I see MIG welding on TV the guy does some sort of joint with one surface that's unground and still has paint on it. That's *got* to affect weld quality, yes?
4
4