OT - Valentine's Day

OT - Valentine's Day Yes, it is off topic, but a timely, one-time-only topic.

This is not typical spam. I am a normal contributor who happens to sing Barbershop. If you need a special Valentine, there are Barbershop chapters all over the country that deliver singing Valentines.

If you want further information or want to find a chapter in your area, go here:

if you live in greater OKC, Ok go here:

DanG

I was on a sales trip one time, and went to a downtown San Antonio, Texas hotel, the name of which I cannot recall. (This would have been about 1969) I noticed the easel had the listing of current conventions in the hotel, and at the head of it was SPEBSQSA. WTF, I asked myself. At the same time I was checking in, there was as barber shop quartet harmonizing just right off the main desk. Quaint, I thought to myself. I asked the desk clerk what was with the barber shop quartet. He said there was a whole convention of them. The Society for the Preservation and Encouragement of Barber Shop Quartet Singing in America. Well, folks, it was like a sex convention. There were foursomes singing in the elevator, in the halls, at dinner, in their rooms with doors open, every place there was a place. Every quartet had identical uniforms, and it was noticeable when four mismatched singers were just "jamming", as us old heavy metal rockers called it. All in all, it was an enjoyable stay. A dying art at that time, and today, probably more so. I have never seen so many handlebar mustaches in my life! Jamie on Mythbusters would be severely overshadowed by many of them.

Steve

Reply to
SteveB