Seems rather 'Bait and Switchy' to me.

Hey all.

down to Item 903701011]

Friend of mine ordered this Maxstar 200 DX today (903701011) for $2295.

This afternoon he got a 'Tracking Update' email from weldingsupply.com stating that the welder was 'sold below cost' and that the real price is $2800!

As you can see, the $2295 price is still listed for this welder on their website.

Any of you experienced this? Is that typical for these guys?

--Winston

Reply to
Winston

I bought various small things from them without problems.

Ignoramus1127

(...)

(...)

That's good. I wonder what happened with my friend's order? 'Really weird behavior on their part.

--Winston

Reply to
Winston

Now they've got it on sale for $2558.99. They should have at least contacted him with correct price before shipping.

Pete Keillor

Reply to
Pete Keillor

Whups. Early Morning Typo: That was $2760. not $2800. Still $465 dearer than the price they had on their website yesterday and much of this morning.

The "Large Print" doesn't seem to matter much to them, though.

They did! He cancelled. And I quote:

"Subject: weldingsupply.com Tracking Update!! Part# 903701011 was sold below cost. We must sell this for $2759.99. Do you accept this charge?"

Whaddaya bet they come back with a "Tracking Update" and a greatly inflated price for anyone who orders?

Not that I am advising anyone to do that, you understand.

--Winston

Reply to
Winston