Used welder ballpark price?

A local guy is selling some equipment and is asking too much (IMO) for everything. I'm trying to find a ballpark figure for a Miller Syncrowave 250. This is not a 250DX unit.

It's been in a storage unit for 6 years, and I believe it is ~8-9 years old.

It includes a couple torches, cups etc, as well as a leaking external cooler for the torch. Cooler needs repair, or may not even work.

The machine itself is dusty from storage but looks to be in decent condition otherwise (I've seen it firsthand).

Note that I'm not particularly interested in a machine that I can't confirm is working, but let's take the seller's word for it and assume so.

Any suggestions for price for a known working 250 unit? And what about for the machine described above?

much thanks,

-Brent

Reply to
Brent Burton

Average for that age depending on the feature set and if it's three phase I would not be comfortable spending over 800-1000 USC as described. A new one can be up and running from 1800-3200 with warranty and peace of mind(Depends on what feature sets you want and they have evolved exponentionally!). Just let him know there is a new invention called "E-bay" also if you can get the model, build code and voltages I can check it for you. It's not uncommon for the coolers to crap out and when they do if it's been sitting new hoses -possibly the torch and the cooler will be shot from corrosion. He is not sitting on a Ferrari GTO. It's a good machine but not the only one on the planet.

Rob

Reply to
RDF

Oh yeah, this guy has had it on ebay already - twice - and not one bid was made. His starting price was, in my opinion, almost twice what the bundle of machines was worth. I was thinking 800 would be tops if I offer anything, and I'd lowball it first anyway. Thanks for the opinion, Rob.

Reply to
Brent Burton

under a grand...I'd offer $750 and work up.

Reply to
James Arnold

New that machine cost $1900 for just the power supply. I know cause I owned one.

Used and untested, maybe $900 - $1100.

Reply to
Ernie Leimkuhler