CNC Training - For Real! (I hope)

Create a successful program rather than what Kirk Gordon is creating... a program that will fail to create real machinists who can think independently. At the best Kirk Gordon's program will create the type of button pushing morons that Tom Brewer, Joe788, etc. are experts in creating because of how easily they are threatened by people who can think independently.

Innovative highly successful companies become so and stay so for a reason.... they hire great employees and make them even better.

Jon Banquer San Diego, CA

Reply to
jon_banquer

This is *EXACTLY* the type of person who can be trained to be a great machinist and *EXACTLY* the type of person that Kirk Gordon's program will never get.

He's the kind of person who gets hired at the company I work for and excels.

Jon Banquer San Diego, CA

Reply to
jon_banquer

Nope. What you're looking for are people who won't call you out on your never ending line of B.S. Your looking for the same kind of people that Tom Brewer and Joe 788 look for. The problem is that most people who don't have the guts to call you out for being a phony jerk that has lousy ideas don't usually make it as independent problem solvers.

Jon Banquer San Diego, CA

Reply to
jon_banquer

How many people have you hired, Jon? I'd wager you've been fired from more jobs than everybody on this board combined. You talking about "real machinists" is about like you trying to "get specific" about anything related to CAM software. Nothing but buzzwords and fluff, making it obvious to everybody reading that you simply have no idea what the f*ck you're talking about.

I would really love to hear the idea for YOUR training program though. I'm sure it would involve lots of free streaming videos, and loads of "specifics"!

Reply to
Joe788

I suppose you're right, but night school machine shop class should be a part of the required training. I was required to go to school 2 nights a week and the class wasn't optional. Also things have changed since I was 20. Back in the 80's wages were frozen for about 12 years and most families needed 2 incomes to survive. I know this isn't true all over the country, but it is here. I think a lot of on this group couldn't afford to buy the house they now live, if they had to buy it today starting with nothing. Rents start at about $900 a month here.

Richard W.

Richard W.

Reply to
Richard W.

Actually you have several things that I haven't thought of. My impression right or wrong was like what I went through. First raise in 6 months and every 6 months after that. I had to pay for schooling and tools and there were no company provided uniforms. All this came out of my pocket. When I started top wages were $6.00 an hour. I started at $4.00 an hour. No 401K and only union benefits.

If I wasn't about 75 miles from the Pacific ocean, I would send this kid a maybe a couple of others right on over to you.

Richard W.

Reply to
Richard W.

Nope. What you're looking for are people who won't call you out on your never ending line of B.S. Your looking for the same kind of people that Tom Brewer and Joe 788 look for. The problem is that most people who don't have the guts to call you out for being a phony jerk that has lousy ideas don't usually make it as independent problem solvers.

Jon Banquer San Diego, CA

Jon just why are you so full of hate? I don't think that I have ever seen this kind of stuff going on before to this degree.

Richard W.

Reply to
Richard W.

LOL What kind?

Reminds me of a kid I hired a long time ago. High school sophomore. Worked for me until he graduated. Went to Texas State Technical Institute in Waco for a 2 year program on machining. One of the classes was a general shop introduction type course. One of the things they were supposed to learn was how to grind a drill bit. Instructor comes by and asks Roy Lee if has ground the bit. Shows him the bit and the instructor says "you haven't ground it yet, it looks just like it did when I gave it to you." Roy Lee takes the bit from him, jams it into the grinder, shows him the mangled end, turns back to the grinder and proceeds to grind a new point. Instructor asks where he learned to do that. Roy tells him where he worked for the last 3 years and the instructor says "Well, you got an A in this course. I worked with your old boss for 2 years. He taught me well."

Reply to
Alphonso

Might have to do with how manufacturing is viewed by most people in this country.

Jon Banquer San Diego, CA

Reply to
jon_banquer

Could be the I'm tired of watching this country go to "s" in most areas.

Jon Banquer San Diego, CA

Reply to
jon_banquer

.

Well Jon, we all sure that you are certainly doing your part!

Reply to
Half-Nutz

No appreciation for a Banquer Scrapoholic?

Reply to
brewertr

Might be that I've read too many of "hamei's" posts and think he's got some points.

Jon Banquer San Diego, CA

Reply to
jon_banquer

Could be that don't see anywhere near enough progress in modern CADCAM systems that waste my time.

Jon Banquer San Diego, CA

Reply to
jon_banquer

Could very well be the same old lousy ideas that didn't work when they were first tried years ago and certainly won't work now.

Jon Banquer San Diego, CA

Reply to
jon_banquer

How you coming along with your cheap tool grinder design?

Have a snappy name for ya;

"ScrapMagic" design by Jon Banquer

Reply to
brewertr

Those big time wasters like chaining, and levels, right Jon?

Reply to
Joe788

Literally thousands of companies seem to be able to be competitive with what you perceive as lousy CADCAM software. It's all a matter of business sense. The software companies are not going to devote time and effort changing their product because of a very few dissatisfied people. Where's the profit, and, think like a business owner, what is the ROI? I'm sure multi million dollar software companies know their market much better than a single individual.

Like I said before, nobody is forcing you to use any one software product. Change if you don't like the current one. If none make you happy, maybe it's time to change your line of work, or write your own software. I'm sure you can license a kernel, as well to do as you claim to be.

Reply to
Steve Walker

Could be that don't see anywhere near enough progress in modern CADCAM systems that waste my time.

Jon Banquer San Diego, CA

I'm not exactly sure what you just typed? But have you ran nx5 or nx6? The stuff is jaw dropping on a daily basis.

Reply to
vinny

Jon said his company bought it but they won't let him anywhere near it just like their 100+ seats of ProE.

Reply to
brewertr