I hope this is for real

I pre-ordered a Revell / Monogram 1/48 Visible B-17G yesterday from hobbylinc.com. I hope this is for real. I've been trying to get one of these for about 2 years. The price is certainly a lot better on what I hope is a reissue of this kit. They have been pushing $200 on ebay (:>

Reply to
Count DeMoney

i saw one on fl;eabay a few days ago at 31 bucks with 12 hours to go, so i hope you get yours. i had one finished that i moved with me for years until too much had fallen off and been lost. by then it was a visible whatsis.

Reply to
someone

I found a lost treasure sorting through my stash...a Monogram 1:24 Visible UH-1 Huey. Some day I'll tackle it and add tons of extras because they will be seen not hidden away like in most models.

Reply to
bluumule

You make sure you don't bump into that rotor when it's spinning because it packs a wallop. I ended up with a bruise on my finger from that thing. :-)

Pat

Reply to
Pat Flannery

Does that mean they're sought after? I still have the Monogram kit I got as a present about 17 years ago, I was too reluctant to build it as I thought my skills wouldn't do the kit justice. Still think the same thing mind....

Geo

Reply to
Geo

on 8/5/2007 8:14 PM Count DeMoney said the following:

TowerHobbies is selling the visible B-17G for $27.99 (but out of stock at the moment)

Yeah, I remember the joke... (slightly changed here) Man goes into hobbylink and asks for the B-17G. Hobbylink says "That will be $50". Man says "$50"? TowerHobbies is selling it for $28." Clerk says "Why don't you get it at towerhobbies then"? Man says "Because they are out of it" Clerk says "Well, when we are out of it, we will sell it for $20"

Reply to
willshak

/ Monogram 1/48 Visible B-17G yesterday from

Good.......someone else is now taking orders for this kit. That means we might actually see it before Christmas (I hope). I'll gladly pay the $28. I'm just happy I'm not the guy who just bought one on ebay for $200 (:>

Reply to
Count DeMoney