Old Timers...Blackwell kits

Years ago, I built a Balckwell T-100 kit.. out of the blue, recently, I acquired a new, in the box, Blackwell kit of the Hurricane 600 vintage 1961 as printed on the plans. Was designed as a low wing

600 sq in plane with ailerons and the box says it will work on rudder only or rudder elevator and motor or "full house"..all with reeds of course. So, I had never heard of this kit and rather than "use it up", I will scratch build it. Am wondering...anyone know if Blackwell made other kits or any of the history of the company? Frank
Reply to
Frank Schwartz

Searching around, I've only found three:

T-100 Hurricane 600 - AMA plan #31209 Raider 10 - AMA plane#30732

The reference I found to there were one the sites:

Maybe someone else will have some first hand knowledge of these and others..

David

Reply to
David Hopper

I've seen some vintage "new in box" models bring BIG bucks on eBay!!

Reply to
ManhattanMan

My bad case of "brick brain" (hardening of the arteries), must be worse than I thought. I've never heard of a Blackwell kit and I used to scour the model mags big time during that time period.

Ed Cregger

Reply to
Ed Cregger