RCU lies...

I recall the "metal Mustang" scam quite well. I came "this close" to sending off the down payment he wanted but I kept waiting for just a little more progress on the project. I never did send any money; others weren't so lucky.

MJC

Reply to
MJC

What is really sad, is that judging from the response, the models would have sold like gangbusters.

Reply to
w4jle

Not me. I was one of the ones supposedly threatened with a lawsuit. More empty words from Val'a. I saw a few people had pumped close to 5 grand in pre-orders. And that's not counting the poor distributors that bit. They are the biggest losers. They lost serious bucks, and reputation.

Scams are few and far between in this hobby. I think most of us have grown complacent to them when we are in this "world". The real hint was Fusco having no background with anyone involved, or in the hobby.

Personally, I'd also not do pre-orders on new ARF's made overseas. Order it when it comes in stock, so you'll have the 30 day window with your credit card to work with.

I've heard of it several times, but got any details?

Well, he was good at it. And you had the designer, a very talented guy who some people did know, backing it up. He was duped like the rest.

Reply to
John Alt

Correction...the models DID sell like gangbusters. Only trouble was, all you got for your $1,000 was a certificate and some "lucky" people got a canopy.

I was fortunate enough to have gotten my $2500 (Berkut and King Air) back from my credit card company after nearly a year of waiting. Apparently there are still some people who have been told "no" by their CC companies because of the long time involved from time of purchase.

There were only a few who got Bolduc'd...but hundreds got Fuscoed!

Don

Reply to
Don Hatten
"

What do you mean, "Bolduc'd?" Scott Bolduc never ripped ANYBODY off. He delivered his airplanes just as promised, and I have seen plenty of them fly. CAI was AOK by me.

Reply to
easytiger

Do a google on Bolduc...read it from about 2 years ago.

Reply to
Don Hatten

Man! I so love to watch the crooked squirm!

---------

Fly Higher

Kline, you can hide behind your bogus e-mail address but everyone knows who you are and the rock you hide under. One of these days you might get your wish for the "good old days".

RS

----- Original Message ----- From: "Fly Higher" Newsgroups: rec.models.rc.air Sent: Friday, October 03, 2003 10:34 PM Subject: Re: AMA renewal

Reply to
Red Scholefield

NO, marc. I was banned for daring to criticize Frank Tiano, who was lying, and slandering a friend of mine. Frank bought you off with a banner ad, which appeared the same day I was banned. Listen, ace:if you lay down with the devil, sooner or later you are going to have to screw. That's how it goes. Your bull is catching up to you.

In other words...nobody can "look at" the 5000+ names that we are actually talking about? The 5000 or more names, all named G402, G403, G404, etc, all registered on the same day? But we are free to look and see if you have done it again since? Is that kind of "heads I win, tails you lose?"

You going to borrow that $20k from your Michael Kranich?

Been around HERE since before RCU was but a gleam in your eye. One of your biggest mistkes is you never really knew who was who in the interent modelling thing. You made all the trolls into moderators.

I have been asked by over half a dozen

That's funny, when you banned me, you said very specifically manufacturers had nothing to do with it. So I guess that was a lie? Which manufacturers, specifically, asked to ban me? Sounds like more mark BS but if not, They ought to stand up and be counted.

Sorry, marc, but people are not as dumb as you think. The hype and BS at RCU is too much, you took advantage of people, and it's catching up to you. Somebody else will come along and take your place, sooner than later. Too bad, you had a good thing going for a while there. You should have stood more on integrity, and not sold out so cheaply.

Reply to
easytiger

He is on forums for one purpose and that is to stir up

If all my posts are just "trolls", why not just remove them all? Don't tell me it will disrupt threads, since they are just "trolls", it shoudl not matter, right? Put your money where your mouth is and use your advanced $50000 merge software to remove my 2000+ trolls. Do it today. Go ahead. Do it. Then I won't be able to tell anybody you are "stealing" my content to atttract people to a cheezy faux auction site and marketplace. Go ahead. Remove ALL my posts, then I will have no right to complain, right? Do it now, do it today, then I can't say boo, can I?

Reply to
easytiger

Dear Mr Tiger.

(i) Frankly I don't give a damn.

(ii) If RCU is as bad as you make out, it will eventually fold under the dearth of people visiting it.

(iii) If its as good as its CEO says, you are a jerk, and will live to eat your words.

I am a spectator. Lets see a good dirty fight!

:-)

Reply to
The Natural Philosopher

Reply to
Fubar of The HillPeople

Reply to
Mike Gordon

Have to disagree with you NP. I think there are more than enough stupid people out there to keep most anything afloat. Deserving so or not! But I too have and will continue to enjoy watching the squirming!

Reply to
Fly Higher

Why don't you post some evidence that supports your accusation that RCU is crooked? Taking your word for it won't cut it like a lot of your other bogus claims in the past on this forum.

RS

Reply to
Red Scholefield

If you have users register with the new site and new owners, there would be no question regarding the membership numbers. Current members have not been notified in any way of any change in policies. They have not agreed to the new policies (I certainly have not). You may wish to keep that $20,000 and retain the same attorney for any legal fees that arise relating to this.

Mathew Kirsch has posted here that if you do not visit RCU for more than a month, your membership status would elapse. Is this true? Also he posted that you could have your account deleted manually. Can you provide the proper instructions to have this done?

Thank you, Mark

Reply to
mpj220

Why don't you post some evidence that shows I said it was RCU that was crooked? I simply stated that I enjoyed watching the crooked squirm. Are you suggesting that RCU is squirming? I could have easily said I enjoy watching the guilty fumble. Would that mean I was accusing you of being guilty?

You're so filled with hate that you read things into my statements that simply are not there. It does explain a lot about you though.

However, your repuation and the speed with which you jumped to the defense of RCU does make for a curious situation filled with lots of questions! But I don't really care about it.

Reply to
Fly Higher

Oh My! A threat? No doubt backed with the same spineless drivel that all your threats contain.

Reply to
Fly Higher

If you can afford to put up 20 grand for a silly bet, I think maybe you ARE making too much money off of RCU members.

MJC

---------

MJC

Either that or he is betting on a sure thing. Like to make a wager on that? :-)

RS

Reply to
Red Scholefield