Tower Hobbies ??? The Good, Bad and the Ugly...

Reply to
GaijinGig

Are they possibblu 4" dia x 1/2" thick. Or the hole in the middle 1/2" dia.

Dennis

Reply to
D&JWatkins

Well, I hope you didn't pay for them. If they send you the wrong product (or misadvertised), they are responsible for the cost of returning them or they are free to you.

Reply to
Paul McIntosh

NO, see:

They are nice wheels, but only 4" in diameter.

Jim - AMA 501383

D&JWatk> Are they possibblu 4" dia x 1/2" thick. Or the hole in the middle 1/2" > dia.

Reply to
James D Jones

Tell them that. I opened the package to measure them. They won't take them back. They are nice wheels. Maybe someday I'll have a plane that is the right size :-)

Jim - AMA 501383

Paul Mc> Well, I hope you didn't pay for them. If they send you the wrong

Reply to
James D Jones

Doesn't matter. If they sent you something you didn't order, then they are responsible for either replacing them or refunding your money.

Reply to
Paul McIntosh

I agree with Paul... Call back and speak to a supervisor, if necessary. Tower has ALWAYS made good on errors...

Cheers,

Reply to
Bill Fulmer

Model airplanes, without a doubt.

Look in any HRO catalog to see that.

IMHO I always thought it was better to put the money in the antenna and transmission line, but these days it looks like a shack isn't complete without a four or five-thousand dollar transceiver.

Prolly why I spend a lot more time on the models; the "shack" is a cardboard box in the basement these days.

Wish I'd kept my Collins R-390 and B&W 5100S.

Cheers, Fred McClellan The House Of Balsa Dust

Fred McClellan

Reply to
GaijinGig

Why not? I once ordered an item from Tower that was not as I expected. I returned it and they credited it back to my credit card. No problems.

Bob Kaplow

Reply to
Greg Sturn

I'm getting pretty irritated with them. I placed an order on 12/26, all items in stock. All small stuff so, as we know, all they have to do is stick it in a padded envelope and drop it in the mail.

So here, 1/3, still haven't received it, and tomorrow is Sunday.

Reply to
Mitch

It's in standard mail and it takes them forever. Always order Priority. When you placed your order, what was the date span given as delivery times? (It's at the top as you confirm your order. What? You didn't print the page?)

Reply to
Don Hatten

You ordered on a Friday Tower does not ship on Saturday or Sunday the soonest your items could ship was Monday 12/29 take out 1/1/04 that means your shipment has been on the road 4 days if you did not upgrade the shipping you still have

5 to 7 days more to wait. With every order I place with Tower they provide me with a delivery date and have always met the date. What was your delivery date, and did you consider the holidays.
Reply to
O4U2P

remember back when the standard was "six to eight weeks for delivery" ??

Reply to
tater schuld

Sitting on the front steps everyday waiting for the mail man to bring the box from Phoenix or Penrose...and it did seem like forever.

John

Reply to
John Stein

Reply to
Fubar of The HillPeople

Have you tried going to their web site, check your account, and your order history?

It will give you the status of your order, date shipped, and tracking number if applicable.

Hint: IF they shipped it via R R Donnelly, the tracking information will be totally useless, AND there is a pretty good chance that your package will lay somewhere for an indefinite period of time before it actually moves.

HINT 2: YOU CAN specify your preferred shipping method, and they will send ALL your packages via that method.

HINT 3: Just because the web site showed in stock status of all your items, It DOES NOT mean that they were all in stock at ONE location, OR at the Chicago area location. Shipments to me from the new warehouse in Reno typically take an extra three to five days

YMMV bob

Reply to
Bob Cowell

My favorite is this BS. It's been going on for several days...

"Package tracking information provided by R.R. Donnelley Logistics If an error message appears below, it simply means that the package has not yet been entered into the R.R. Donnelley Logistics tracking system or the system is temporarily down. If an error message is displayed please check back later. Please check back within 24 hours to see more tracking details."

I guess I've been spoiled by FedEx and UPS because I thought package tracking meant you could actually get some information.

Reply to
SD

I thought they did phone directories, when did they start package shipping.

Bob Kaplow