Popup dos window 'C:\program' is not recognized as an internal command"

I notices something on my new xp computer, then when I open certain AutoCAD
drawings, I get a slew(a dozen?) of blank pop up DOS command
windows(c:WINDOWS\SYSTEM32\cmd.exe), with a message 'C:\program' is not
recognized as an internal command, operable program or batch file. They
popup and disappear in a matter or a few seconds. Just curious why that
happens.
Reply to
lbbss
Check your system path and user path environment variables. It looks like some kind of script or addon you're using is trying to execute a batch command of some sort (presumably located in "Program Files"), but can't parse long file names and didn't include the quote marks.
But taking into account your previous post... I would say you have something strange running on your system or just a really funky AutoCAD addon.
Reply to
deimos
So, how come it only happens to certain drawings (only happens to drawings I open from our drafting department, but not to my own drawings). Can a script be embedded in a drawing?
Reply to
lbbss
Delete anything that is directed to your Project Files Search Path.
Reply to
Knowlton