Raster image problems

Here's my dilema...
I'll insert a raster image into model space. I then make a view port
from paperspace. After I place any text, dimensions, etc. in paperspace.
They drop behind the raster image, even though it's in modelspace.
Draworder doesn't solve the problem. If I shutdown and restart AutoCAD,
things will be in the right order...if I change tabs, though, all my
callouts will drop behind the image again. Is there a permanent
solution to my problem?
Reply to
Scott Klinger