view distance

hey, if i have a 3d drawing and i put mu ucs on a part of it, lets say, somewhere in the middle. how do i take a view of thet on a way so that i onely see 500mm in front and
back of that ucs? in other words how do i taka a view onely of a slide of the 3d drawing?
erik
Erik Wijngaarden wrote:

Look up clipping planes in the help system. I've only played with them, or I'd give you more specific instructions. (I think it may be within the DVIEW command.)
On Tue, 8 Jul 2003 17:54:27 +0200, "Erik Wijngaarden"

As TomD said, one way is the Clip option of Dview. Another way is through 3dorbit. In 3dorbit, right-click and pick "more" and go from there.
John B
johnbogie btinternet.com Put the "at" in the gap.