OT Why is Firefox crashing??

Several weeks ago Mozilla insisted that I upgrade Firefox. Ever since then, when I enter any number of sites, the damn thing crashes with message
thar Mozilla has encountered an error and a log file is being created. The sites are random, such as www.kansas,com, or my secondary email account on yahoo.
There used to be a feedback to Mozilla, but that seems to have disappeared. And there doesn't seem to be any place at Mozilla to ask questions and get a response.
What the fuck is going on here???
--
Remove "nospam" to get to me.

Add pictures here
✖
Alphonso wrote:

If I were you, I would back up my profiles folder, and completetly uninstall firefox. Grab the latest version, and do a clean install. Import your bookmarks and whatever other info you want back from the profiles folder, and load up any addons you use one at a time.
--
http://improve-usenet.org
No passion so effectually robs the mind of all its powers of acting and

Ever since I dumped IE & put in Firefox - no problems - faster browsing - more secure & have recently switched to their Thunderbird e- mail program. You may have a virus--worm- bad cookies- on your system? Mozilla/5.0 (Windows; U; Windows NT 5.1; en-US; rv:1.9.0.8) Gecko/ 2009032609 Firefox/3.0.8
\|||/ (o o) ______.oOO-(_)-OOo.____________________ ~ Gil ~ the HOLDZEM©® king its the best thing since sliced bread ages 5-95 I'm coming up with more things it Holdz every day:
http://users.cin.net/~milgil/Cflexable.JPG
http://users.cin.net/~milgil/9engraved.JPG
Add pictures here
✖
Alphonso wrote:

Quit using bloated crapware and get yourself a decent browser.
http://www.opera.com
--
Black Dragon

They're giving bank robbing a bad name.
✖

Last time I used it, Opera still didn't support icon bookmarks in the toolbar.
Add pictures here
✖

Or Chrome, http://www.google.com/chrome
--

-JN-

Add pictures here
✖
J Nielsen wrote:

Personally, I don't trust Google. It's even a rare occasion anymore when I use it for searching. When I installed Chrome a while back it enabled some Windows services I had disabled. Like the Indexing service, for starters. Way to intrusive for me. No thanks.
--
Black Dragon

A real patriot is the fellow who gets a parking
✖

Go watch the Charlie Rose interview of Marrisa Mayer.
JC
Add pictures here
✖
John R. Carroll wrote:

Heh, if I ever have a spare hour to kill....
--
Black Dragon

Perhaps the biggest disappointments were the ones you expected anyway.
✖
Black Dragon wrote:

I use a "portable" version of chrome. Works great, and nothing gets installed. It replaces IE as my secondary browser.
--
http://improve-usenet.org
No passion so effectually robs the mind of all its powers of acting and
✖
sittingduck wrote:

On Windows, Opera is my primary browser and Apple Safari is my secondary. I'd prefer Safari as my primary, but on my system anyway, it's not very stable and crashes quite frequently. On my Mac, Safari is the only browser I use and it has been bullet proof so far.
I liked Google until they went public. Before that they truly were interested in creating the best search technologies available, period. Now, they are interested in nothing more than pleasing their share holders. Money really is one of the root causes of evil.
--
Black Dragon

Perhaps the biggest disappointments were the ones you expected anyway.
✖

I hear what you're saying, but I'm not paranoid enough to replace all my google freeware apps.
Google Chrome, Picasa, Google web, Google Earth, Google Books... the list just gets longer and longer. It may be an evil plot to rule the world and gain control over our precious body fluids, but I'll take the chance :)
--

-JN-

Add pictures here
✖
J Nielsen wrote:

Everthing I need for home computing is installed by default on an iMac. No need for Google crapware here. :)
--
Black Dragon

Those who can't write, write manuals.
✖
From what I see, you didn't upgrade to Firefox. Mozilla is old unsupported software. It doesn't comply to WW3 specs and is rejected by IE sites.
IE is written by Microsoft web software that programs in line commands to abort if or display if IE otherwise not.
I went from Mosaic to Mozilla to Firefox - same stuff getting better.
Martin
Alphonso wrote:

Add pictures here
✖
Firefox was installed parallel to Mozilla, then Mozilla deleted. Problems started with 3.0.6. Now on 3.0.8. Found some others who are having the same problems. One person tried to go back to an earlier version but the crashing is still the same.
May try Opera. Had it for awhile several years ago. Had some problems, don't remember what they were, so went back to Netscape, then Mozilla.
--
Remove "nospam" to get to me.

Add pictures here
✖
I use 3.0.8 without problems. Some sites are not to spec of the new stuff and Microsoft software that generates sites like to do otherwise when seeing anything but IE. Look at the code yourself. I write site software and my own and know some of the odd code.
It might be a system issue - not enough cache or it is filled and you have not purged it ..... Lots of possibilities.
Mention offending sights. That would help.
Martin
Alphonso wrote:

Add pictures here
✖

All right.
Latest sites that crash: 1. www.kansas.com
2. One of my yahoo email accounts. The other yahoo accounts work just fine.
Posted this on Firefox support forum: http://support.mozilla.com/tiki-view_forum_thread.php?comments_parentId332425&forumId=1
As far as I can tell the cache is empty.
--
Remove "nospam" to get to me.

Add pictures here
✖
On Tue, 21 Apr 2009 22:20:24 +0000 (UTC), Alphonso

Loads and works fine for me including links using 3.0.8, WAFAIK is the latest.
"about" [under tools] shows Mozilla/5.0 (Windows; U; Windows NT 5.0; en-US; rv:1.9.0.8) Gecko/2009032609 Firefox/3.0.8
I am running Iolo antivirus and firewall.
If you are using any "addins" you might try disabling and see if this makes any difference.

✖
On Tue, 21 Apr 2009 22:20:24 +0000 (UTC), Alphonso
<snip>

<snip> FWIW -- I just upgraded from 3.0.8 to 3.0.9 and that seems to be working fine with the above site also.
Just a thought. Do you and your friend have the same ISP? If so and kansas.com crashes for both of you, it may be an ISP problem.
✖
It works - www.kansas.com - the news paper works for me.
There might have been an app it required then or now that you don't have.
Martin
Alphonso wrote:

Add pictures here
✖