OT Why is Firefox crashing??

Several weeks ago Mozilla insisted that I upgrade Firefox. Ever since then, when I enter any number of sites, the damn thing crashes with message thar Mozilla has encountered an error and a log file is being created. The sites are random, such as www.kansas,com, or my secondary email account on yahoo.

There used to be a feedback to Mozilla, but that seems to have disappeared. And there doesn't seem to be any place at Mozilla to ask questions and get a response.

What the f*ck is going on here???

Reply to
Alphonso

If I were you, I would back up my profiles folder, and completetly uninstall firefox. Grab the latest version, and do a clean install. Import your bookmarks and whatever other info you want back from the profiles folder, and load up any addons you use one at a time.

Reply to
sittingduck

Ever since I dumped IE & put in Firefox - no problems - faster browsing - more secure & have recently switched to their Thunderbird e- mail program. You may have a virus--worm- bad cookies- on your system? Mozilla/5.0 (Windows; U; Windows NT 5.1; en-US; rv:1.9.0.8) Gecko/

2009032609 Firefox/3.0.8

\|||/ (o o) ______.oOO-(_)-OOo.____________________ ~ Gil ~ the HOLDZEM=A9=AE king its the best thing since sliced bread ages 5-95 I'm coming up with more things it Holdz every day:

milgil

Quit using bloated crapware and get yourself a decent browser.

Black Dragon

Last time I used it, Opera still didn't support icon bookmarks in the toolbar.

Reply to
Kurgan. presented by Gringioni

From what I see, you didn't upgrade to Firefox. Mozilla is old unsupported software. It doesn't comply to WW3 specs and is rejected by IE sites.

IE is written by Microsoft web software that programs in line commands to abort if or display if IE otherwise not.

I went from Mosaic to Mozilla to Firefox - same stuff getting better.

Mart> Several weeks ago Mozilla insisted that I upgrade Firefox. Ever since

Reply to
Martin H. Eastburn

Firefox was installed parallel to Mozilla, then Mozilla deleted. Problems started with 3.0.6. Now on 3.0.8. Found some others who are having the same problems. One person tried to go back to an earlier version but the crashing is still the same.

May try Opera. Had it for awhile several years ago. Had some problems, don't remember what they were, so went back to Netscape, then Mozilla.

Reply to
Alphonso

I use 3.0.8 without problems. Some sites are not to spec of the new stuff and Microsoft software that generates sites like to do otherwise when seeing anything but IE. Look at the code yourself. I write site software and my own and know some of the odd code.

It might be a system issue - not enough cache or it is filled and you have not purged it ..... Lots of possibilities.

Mention offending sights. That would help.

Mart> Firefox was installed parallel to Mozilla, then Mozilla deleted. Problems

Reply to
Martin H. Eastburn

"Martin H. Eastburn" wrote in news:PI9Hl.121925$ snipped-for-privacy@en-nntp-04.dc.easynews.com:

All right.

Latest sites that crash:

  1. One of my yahoo email accounts. The other yahoo accounts work just fine.

Posted this on Firefox support forum:

As far as I can tell the cache is empty.

Reply to
Alphonso

Loads and works fine for me including links using 3.0.8, WAFAIK is the latest.

"about" [under tools] shows Mozilla/5.0 (Windows; U; Windows NT 5.0; en-US; rv:1.9.0.8) Gecko/2009032609 Firefox/3.0.8

I am running Iolo antivirus and firewall.

If you are using any "addins" you might try disabling and see if this makes any difference.

Unka' George [George McDuffee]

F. George McDuffee

FWIW -- I just upgraded from 3.0.8 to 3.0.9 and that seems to be working fine with the above site also.

Just a thought. Do you and your friend have the same ISP? If so and kansas.com crashes for both of you, it may be an ISP problem.

Unka' George [George McDuffee]

F. George McDuffee

Or Chrome,

J. Nielsen

Personally, I don't trust Google. It's even a rare occasion anymore when I use it for searching. When I installed Chrome a while back it enabled some Windows services I had disabled. Like the Indexing service, for starters. Way to intrusive for me. No thanks.

Reply to
Black Dragon

Go watch the Charlie Rose interview of Marrisa Mayer.

JC

Reply to
John R. Carroll

I use a "portable" version of chrome. Works great, and nothing gets installed. It replaces IE as my secondary browser.

Reply to
sittingduck

It works -

- the news paper works for me.

There might have been an app it required then or now that you don't have.

Mart> "Martin H. Eastburn" wrote in

Reply to
Martin H. Eastburn

"Martin H. Eastburn" wrote in news:VZLHl.131012$ snipped-for-privacy@en-nntp-04.dc.easynews.com:

I just tried

again. Firefox crashed before the first title at the top of the screen could load.

The error message says that an error log is being generated. Where the hell is it and what is it called???? I searched for files created today, .log files, .txt files, etc, and can not find anything that has any reference to Mozilla or Firefox errors.

Reply to
Alphonso

----------- This may be a windows error message and not a firefox message. Do you have Dr. Watson installed and active?

Unka' George [George McDuffee]

F. George McDuffee

On Windows, Opera is my primary browser and Apple Safari is my secondary. I'd prefer Safari as my primary, but on my system anyway, it's not very stable and crashes quite frequently. On my Mac, Safari is the only browser I use and it has been bullet proof so far.

I liked Google until they went public. Before that they truly were interested in creating the best search technologies available, period. Now, they are interested in nothing more than pleasing their share holders. Money really is one of the root causes of evil.

Reply to
Black Dragon

Heh, if I ever have a spare hour to kill....

Reply to
Black Dragon