Latest threads in ⋐⋒⋐ Computer Numeric Controlshow only best voted threads

Subject Author Posted Replies

Yasnac MX-1 or MX-2
Anyone out there know the whereabouts of a Yasnac MX-1 or MX-2 Control, running or otherwise with a 4th axis on it? ca

M6 roll tap hole size?
We need to make about 250 special nuts for a specific application at work. As an exercise, we've decided to use a punch and die to flange the hole into mild steel sheet, .04-.06" thick. I need to know...
20
20

Mazak SQT15 Questions...(Anthony and others)
Hi all, I own a small cnc machine shop in Abingdon, VA. I have a Mazak SQT15 which is soon going to need spindle bearings. A crash about 4 years ago brinelled 'em, and she is slowly getting louder as...
3
3

Crud between vises and tables
Awl-- Particularly a black film that stains the table. Not rust. Mold? It sort of scrubs off, but not totally, but over time the stain seems to disappear. Any idears? ---------------------------- Mr....
3
3

Another scare: 4th axis recalcitrance
Awl-- So I finally heaved'n'ho'ed the 4th axis into position, w/ a little muscle from the ole wench. Put a bar across the top of the enclosure opening, mounted the wench, lifted away. Wadn't quite...

OT: 30 yrs bad elect & the "S" word
After 30 yrs of fighting with "FU" electric aka TXU, I found the magic word that brings big electric to their knees. SUE ! Now I got my very own new transformer & new much heaver wire & I'm the only...
7
7

Anyone have an ACER 3VS Mill
Anyone have an ACER 3VS Mill? I need some detailed measurements off the unit... If you could spare 10 minutes and use of a micrometer / caliper... If so, can you eMail me at BOB at YOUTHELATE dotto...
2
2

Pics of Fadal Mills- FS posted
Gunner Metalworking.com
2
2

SERVO DRIVE GETTYS
Hello, we search a serco-drive N150 11-1010 GETTYS. Thank you M.RAIMOND PS: we're locate in FRANCE
1
1

Gang Tooled lathes
I've noticed a lot of messages regarding gang lathes, Cubic machinery has a new lathe called the GTV, from what I saw at a customers 2 of them have replaced 2 omnis and 2 CMS GTS's This thing is fast,...
2
2

Recommendation on cutting brass stock .015
I need to cut brass stock that is .015. I will be cutting them in 2 inch x 2 inch with a tab on it. I not a machinist in anyway. What would be the simplest setup to do this. I need several hundred...
5
5

FADAL, MASTERCAM 3D Machining Question??
We get what looks like an excellent surface finish, upon polishing a pattern of small triangles appears in the surface,. and they are a 'BITCH" to get benched out.......This is nothing new I have...
20
20

t-slot covers?
When I arrived at my current job I found the leftovers of a roll (?) of a soft plastic t-slot filling material. It pressed into the t-slots leaving a surface flush with the table top which kept the...
19
19

Fanuc 4 axis lathe control help needed (tabs suck)
Got a job up & running on our new/used Mori ZL-250. I have a main program, consisting of 8 subprogram calls, identical for each turret. I have wait codes (i.e. M101,M102, etc.) in the main and...
1
1

ProComm & USB/Serial
We currently use Windows98 with Procomm ver4.8 to transfer part programs to/from (4)CNC machines. We want to upgrade to WindowsXP, add a USB to(4)port serial adapter so we can attached permanent...
2
2