Latest threads in ⏚ Electrical Engineeringshow only best voted threads

Subject Author Posted Replies

Re: How deep does conduit need to be buried?
Deeper for under driveways or roadways.

Circuit Breakers
My home is 20 years old. Do circuit breakers ever need to be replaced with age? Steven sometimes! According to a Busman Seminar I attended, circuit breakers are only good for one tripping due to a...
23
23

Will they adapt to 220v ?
I've been taking digital photos of apartment interiors using two standard 500w halogen shop worklights for illumination. For nine bucks apiece bought two in the USA similar to this: My friend from...
20
20

inductance problem ???
Hello everyone. I am an electrician in Ireland, and came across a problem a few days ago. I was investigating why a motor of a washing machine in a commercial laundry would not spin correctly and...
2
2

electrics (UK)
Can someone clarify this for me please... 1.Cable for electric shower should be 10mm size 2.Cable should be connected directly to the mains fuse box. I am not doing electrics just routing the cable...
3
3

Question on Firewire as applied to laptop
I'm thinking about buying a laptop PC that includes a Firewire port. I'm wondering how useful a laptop with a Firewire port would be in the present and future world of controls engineering. (This PC...
1
1

Re: Wiring for dummies
Your sure you have BX? Sounds more like armored cable. Especially since you have a ground. Is there another junction box or device in-between the outlets? then reverse the wires as indicated, no...
3
3

Re: motor speed
Ooo, I don't reccomend trying to replace the motor on a hard disk. If the data is absolutely life and death, you should go with a professional data recovery service, they have like clean rooms and...

Re: mount HD
The last one that I saw had two steel plates formed to interlock, coupled by rubber mounts. The mount alone was at least 2cm thick and weighed at least 100g (probably closer to 200g). Truly rugged...

Re: 12 Volt Bosch type Relays??? How much current to trigger?
I think I measured it once, it was about 150 mA. If I recall correctly. Romy

Re: Telephone Pole voltage - a downed line and a swimming pool
Beachcomber, I wonder how close the swimmers were to the energized line or metal. At 120 volts, it would seem that you would have to be fairly close or in contact with the energized object because of...
1
1

Re: GFCI Outlets
If he ran a 3 wire circuit (2 hots, common neutral) from the panel to or thru the first set of receptacles you are stuck with using individual gfci's. Well...you might be able to downstream the second...

Re: Bus Bars for 12 Volt Car Stereo System
Why does the bus bar need to be so large, I'm sure you could find 2" x 1/4" or 2" x 1/2" copper bar. I use this size copper bar all the time for main dist boards etc. sQuick.. Seriously, is this a...
25
25

color standarts for 3 phase AC
On Wednesday, in article "Igor Nikanov" wrote: In Europe (EN 60446, HD 308S2): Phase R - brown Phase Y - black Phase B - grey Neutral - blue PE - green-and-yellow In UK (BS 7671), till 31.3.2004...
5
5

Re: Harmonising UK with Europe.
I suppose what it really means is from now on, you don't ASSume anything about a wire unless you have checked BOTH ends or, as a miminum, done some quick voltage and resistance check to doublecheck...