Alpha Tec Ignitions.

Has anyone been successful at impressioning an Alpha Tec ignition? Sometimes key codes aren't available, and they are completely seeled shut, this is the worst design ever made for a service technition. Another locksmith told me they can be impressioned but I'm thinking they have a sidebar and my attempts have waisted more time than it's worth. I usually pass on the job if key codes dont work.

Mac, Mounts Lock And Key Kennewick WA. USA

Reply to
Mac

check your email..

g'day

Reply to
Key

the FIRST GM double sided ignitions? there is a way.. at least to get it out.. that lock is replaced AS A UNIT.. and if I remember right, when they FIRST showed up, they were $120, PLUS 2 HOURS labor getting it out..

--Shiva--

Reply to
--Shiva--

Mac...

It is a way to impression the Alpha Tec ignition. You have to get some pressure the the side bar to impression the A.T. lock. Once you have pressure on the side bar it's not too hard to impression. But I will try to stay away from it myself I have done some in the passed, getting the preesure on the side is the tick to do so.

Reply to
Dale Brown

Mac...

It is a way to impression the Alpha Tec ignition. You have to get some pressure the the side bar to impression the A.T. lock. Once you have pressure on the side bar it's not too hard to impression. But I will try to stay away from it myself I have done some in the passed, getting the preesure on the side is the tick to do so.

Reply to
Dale Brown

Get a spell check...

Not much of a locksmith, are you...

Sounds like Freddy again working for beer & pretzels

Reply to
Me