Locks or Religion? Bob DeWeese, CML

If you are that easily offended you should really stay off Usenet for your own good.

Reply to
Putyourspamhere

LOL That's a bit hard to believe considering the thread you have started.

Reply to
Putyourspamhere

What's obvious is that it will likely not effect his revenue in the least unless the person he's helping appreciates it and orders something from him. FYI this group started as an AMATEUR discussion group, where information, to a point anyway, has always been freely dissiminated to the public. If you want a true professional forum there are plenty around.

Reply to
Putyourspamhere

Good points. Especially the one about the mortician. LOL

Reply to
Putyourspamhere

you know There are 2 rules in life dont talk politics or religion, I look at this like looking at hollywood, I like actress's talking about the movie they just stared in but to hear them talk about politics or the environment they have no credibility stick to what people want to hear which is locksmithing not the koran.

Reply to
todd

You misplet "bombers handbook".

David H

Reply to
David H

...off the whole Internet for that matter...

Reply to
Aegis

What I see here is a lack of tolerance that others here have a wide range of interests other than the discussion of locksmithing...

To some people their religion drives the way they live life... To others it means nothing more than going to church a few times a year for the important occasions... Either way: WHO REALLY CARES... If there is something posted here you find offensive none of us are forcing you at gunpoint to read it... Why should someone start a topic like this -- it caused a dispute... And to those of you who came out and complained about what was said -- who gave you the absolute right to determine what kind of religious or otherwise expression is proper ???

As far as UseNet goes -- it died a long time ago -- the internet has evolved into more than 'text-only' bulletin boards -- try coming into the new age... These newsgroups now exist all over cyberspace on server upon server...

Here is a shout out to Key' who loves to -snip- spammers... Well your response to any given message either in the affirmative or the negative actually justifies such a post -- it NO LONGER gets considered as unsolicited...

Besides that who gives a crap -- if you don't like that post don't read it... The original poster never NEVER ever sees your reaction to it -- so why do you keep filling us in on your opinions about the spam ??? I think that everyone gets the point you keep hammering home -- ENOUGH ALREADY...

Evan the maintenance man

Reply to
Evan

I agree... Locksmithing is the focus that brings everyone to this NG, but what if you just want to share a joke that you think fellow locksmiths and locksmith enthusiasts will appreciate? It's for that too! Even in the old days it was like that. The whole "off-topic" debate didn't come until later (which is when they came up with moderators).

On this point I disagree... The Net HAS evolved immensely, but has always been "on server upon server..." including the USENET portion of it; there are just a lot more servers out there now... The IRC portion has continued to grow as well. ...and USENET is far from being dead (I just reloaded my NG list... over 33,000 NG's out there... and there are more; MY provider only CARRIES 33,000 of them).

Unfortunately, you don't know if you're going to "like" the post until AFTER you've read it, but you can always block any future posts from the poster. But I do agree with you here; just like TV and radio, if you don't like the topic/format/opinions CHANGE THE CHANNEL!

Reply to
Aegis

Hey, we agree on something!

Reply to
Putyourspamhere

Evan,I could'nt agree more with your point about forcing someone at gunpoint. But I gotta hand it to "Key". It's kind of entertaining the way he "snips 'em".

my2, goma

Reply to
goma865

i don't quite follow this, If you don't see posts how can you "actively select them"?

-Mex

Reply to
The Knight of the Woeful Countenance

Blocked senders list under tools in Out look same idea for most news readers

Commonly known as "PLONK!"

Reply to
Keyman55

Ottawa Canada

Hey what gives? This message quotes an article posted in January!

Brian

The Knight of the Woeful Countenance (mex.ng_NO@SPAM_three-green-bottles.co.uk) writes:

Reply to
Brian K.Lingard