Re: Chain Lock Question

Most of those chains won't stand up to serious assault, unfortunately; I haven't seen one I can really recommend for anything more than keeping the door from blowing open if there's a gust of wind.

Best solution I've seen, if you really want to be able to open the door a bit yet keep some real security, is a _REAL_ vinyl-clad bicycle chain, with both ends secured into the studs supporting the door frame with a

3" lag bolt, and sized so it can be looped around the knob when you want to control how far the door opens. If the knobset is more than tinfoil (which is a separate question), that will stop a fairly determined individual.
Reply to
Joe Kesselman (yclept Keshlam