Samsonite question

Hi,

I have a large Samsonite hardshell rolling luggage that I bought in '97. It's been all over the world over the years. Unfortunately, the locks aren't TSA compliant and so I have to leave it unlocked when checking in.

There are (2) locks that use the key and also there's an Open/Close sliding tab that is locked with a combination #.

Is it possible to replace these keyed locks with new TSA-compliant ones ? How much should I expect to pay ?

Thanks !

Reply to
Amamba

For my own Samsonite, I'd be tempted to brute-force this -- just install a small hasp or two and slap a TSA-compliant padlock on it.

Though, realistically, suitcase locks have always been pretty miserable. Their main purpose is to keep the thing from falling open accidentally. A luggage strap accomplishes the same thing...

Reply to
Joe Kesselman

Yeah, but it's kind of hard to keep a luggage strap on a hardshell.

Reply to
Amamba