Don't Bring A Knife To A Gunfight

That's so Muslim!

Reply to
Stormin Mormon

place to land,

I took a few flying lessons while I was in the service, stationed on Okinawa. Other than the Yomitan field, there _are_ no places to land!

(well, there's the air base, but you'd probably get shot down or run over by an F-4 Phantom or something. ;-) )

Cheers! Rich

Reply to
Rich Grise

There's no such thing as an accident - other than equipment failure, all crashes are caused by negligence.

Cheers! Rich

Reply to
Rich Grise

Sure!

"A well regulated Militia, being necessary to the security of a free State, the right of the people to keep and bear Arms, shall not be infringed."

Hope This Helps! Rich

Reply to
Rich Grise

And televised so they can all see it. Show them what happens to violent criminals.

Reply to
Michael A. Terrell

If you think about it, there exist a few countries with public executions.

I personally would not want to live in any of them.

Maybe you would?

Ignoramus16855

There wouldn't be that many, Iggy. As long as criminals know that some sleezeball lawyer will get them off, they have little to fear.

Reply to
Michael A. Terrell

Just answer my question. Would you want to live in any country that currently publicly executes criminals?

Ignoramus16855

Good point there. I wouldn't

But I do believe in the death penalty.

Reply to
RBnDFW

Since I've never killed anyone, I don't know but I'm just thinking that if someone tried ot kill me and I prevailed, I wouldn't get to upset about it. Now looking over my shoulder from that time on could be a likely outcome.

I've grown a bit of a thick skin when it comes to the anti self defense viewpoint. If you want to experiment with a gun free society, do it yourself and see how it works out for you. Hell, show commitment, post signs that your home is gun free just to let the public know how much you believe in your position. I'll smile and wave at you and I go by.

IIRC, the guy with the knife tried to kill three different people. I just watched part of it again.

Hard to tell what the back story is but knifing a guy that has his back turned tends to sway me to think the guy with the knife may be the bad guy in the story.

Now in the Turkish culture, all bets are off on when violence is condoned and for what actual or perceived transgressions. It is a Muslim country and the rules there are a lot different than in western nations.

Wes

Wes

If you have ever been to or worked in a country with public executions and public canings, I tell you what. It makes you pay attention to the rules like you never have before, not even with Aunt Martha, and she was mean.

Steve

Reply to
Steve B

In an declared emergincy you do what you have to. Roadways are frowned on because they tend to have utility lines crossing them.

Wes

Reply to
Wes

place to land,

Are you refering to Kadena? I spent most of a year there once upon a time.

Wes

Reply to
Wes

In case you don't know, when some people are put to death in a prison, people are allowed to witness it.

Reply to
Michael A. Terrell

The preferd term is " pilot error" . ...lew...

Reply to
Lewis Hartswick

Yeah - I was there twice - once, with the ordinary avionics squadron, and the guys that worked on the Habu (SR-71) were some kind of elite, arcane, "guys over there"; I just worked on the BUFs and A-7s and F-4Cs and whatnot. I think we had a wing of EB-66s, or maybe that was Kunsan, Korea.

Anyway, I got shipped out, eventually got stationed at Beale AFB where the SR-71s are based. They're the ones that go on tempory duty to Okinawa

- I got sent over there to support them, and suddenly I was on the other side of this myseterious arcane "Habu" thingie. Like, the ordinary guys, they find out you work on the Habu (that's Okinawa's major venomous snake, BTW) they look at you with awe, but we take our pants off one leg at a time. It's kinda neat to see things like that from both sides. :-)

Cheers! Rich

Reply to
Rich Grise

Nah. I say, if killing is wrong, then killing is wrong, no matter how many people you can get to join your lynch mob.

For truly heinous crimes, sentence them to life in solitary, and let them have a razor. >:->

Thanks, Rich

Reply to
Richard the Dreaded Libertaria

It's true that you never said etc, but if you're unable or unwilling to view a video of a proprietor acting in self defense then I doubt that you are armed or capable of actually acting in defense of yourself or your family. Killing a human aggressor, however necessary and legally defensible, is considerably more traumatic after the fact than watching a video of someone else doing it. Even violent predators have rellys that love them and cry at their loss. Nobody who has ever killed, including psychopaths, ever forgets.

Not knocking you for your choice, its yours to make and it may be the right choice for you. Many urban Americans have similar viewpoints. May you live in a safe place.

I live in a safe town but I do hike some trails that have no bars on the cellphone and present ambush opportunities that make this vet a bit antsy. We vets tend to pay attention. So I carry now and then, here and there.

A while ago, while on the trail, there was a guy who approached from behind and then maintained a steady distance of a few paces. That made me condition orange uncomfortable so I stopped to present him with no choice other than to catch up or spook while I had my hand on the grip of the .38 in my pocket. He caught up rather than spook. Good sign! I said, "Hi, my name is Don, let's walk together."

And so we did. Older fellow, not as old as I but not a kid, big guy, obviously fit. I explained to him that I am a vet and was uncomfortable with an unknown person behind me, aka a bogey on my six though I skipped that terminology.

He asked me if I was armed. I said I was. He nodded and smiled, made no comment. We walked together for a mile or so, chatting congenially, then I offered him directions he requested for his continued journey on the trail system as we parted ways. He was a

3-hour hike from home, ho hum.
Reply to
Don Foreman

The trouble is that "free" money costs way too much. It's a drug that liburals have addicted stupid people to and what addict isn't going to protect his pusher? Liburals create a dependence condition in order to receive votes in return for more "drugs". Liburals believe that the end always justifies the means and will do ANYTHING.for power. I've read their books, they have no character, no morals, no scruples and certainly NO honor.

Reply to
Buerste

Liberals believe they can leave town before the angry mob they have created, gets back with pitchforks and burning torches.

Reply to
Michael A. Terrell