Don't Bring A Knife To A Gunfight

How about a monthly drug test for cheesers?

Reply to
Buerste

Victoria's Secret...I see you hanging out there all the time!

Reply to
Buerste

My club has quarterly CCW classes. Way more than half the 25 or so students in each class are ladies and almost all are >40. And, this is rural America!

Reply to
Buerste

Better test them for fungus, too. ;-)

Reply to
Michael A. Terrell

What about their restraining order to keep him away?

Reply to
Michael A. Terrell

My reaction to this is that if you live in such a constant state of fear that you are always looking for escape routes and cover, then you have already become a victim.

Reply to
anorton

I doubt it.

Do you only frequent airports and other establishments with metal detectors? If not, how do you know if someone near you is carrying a concealed weapon?

Do you avoid banks with armed guards? Citizens with carry permits pass the same background checks that openly-carrying bank guards do.

Reply to
Don Foreman

Poor Bill's in big trouble. He can never walk or drive down any street again because cops, and people who carry concealed weapons, and criminals with hidden weapons walk down nearly every street in America, ESPECIALLY in and around helL.A. (IIRC, Bill lives in that vicinity)

-- You can't wait for inspiration. You have to go after it with a club. --Jack London

Reply to
Larry Jaques

"Bill Noble" wrote

It would amaze you at any given moment when you are in a business with a lot of customers, just how many people are carrying concealed firearms. That is why they call them concealed.

Any business you enter, except banks and a few others that are excluded by law, actually give legally give consent for CCF permittees to carry in their establishment, provided they do not post a no sign at the entry prohibiting the carrying of legal concealed firearms.

I can see from your last statement that you know absolutely nothing about concealed carry regulations or practices, and therefore do not wish to continue this conversation with such an uneducated uninformed fool.

Steve

Heart surgery pending? Read up and prepare. Learn how to care for a friend.

Steve B

"Bill Noble" wrote

If more

Public carry is not allowed in a lot of states. In states where it is allowed, the training officer will tell you that you CAN do it, but that it is not a good idea, as a couple of officers will show up very soon, and the owner may ask you to leave and ban you for life.

Where do you live where this is a practice?

Is it in this solar system?

Steve

Heart surgery pending? Read up and prepare. Learn how to care for a friend.

Steve B

And good on you. It has just been stated one too many times for my taste that situational awareness is the answer to every situation.

Steve

Heart surgery pending? Read up and prepare. Learn how to care for a friend.

Steve B

Some of us live in such neighborhoods, or do business in such areas. There is not a lot we can do to change that, only do things to avoid becoming prey.

Steve

Heart surgery pending? Read up and prepare. Learn how to care for a friend.

Steve B

Now I remember what killfiles are for.

Reply to
Rich Grise

snip

I am not claiming, did not claim, and will not claim that someone is not justified in acting in self defense, nor that you should not be armed in a risky situation. Further, being a store owner in certain areas is inherently risky, so I am not questioning that the owner should have been armed.

What I am stating is that the tone of the discussion was filled with praise for the use of weaponry, and not one person, even as an aside (except me) noted that it was sad that the situation arose at all - what I see, and I see it particularly among the most vocal, I'll call them "gunnies", is that any use of a weapon is a good use, and that it is much fun to watch bad guys get their comeuppance. That is sick. We should want, strive, and act to eliminate situations where the use of weapons is required, rather than glorify them and wish for more opportunities to prove who is a better shot or who is tougher. The age of Grindle, of the great heroes, of the round table, and of the wild west has passed, what we have now is thuggery. We should strive to eliminate the thuggery, not videotape thugs getting shot and then have a party over it.

Reply to
Bill Noble

Your hatred of our constitutional rights, and your judgmental nature, passing judgment of people without knowing facts, is clearly showing.

i +-'~`---------------------------------/\-- ||"""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""" \\\\\\ \/~) || \\\\\\ \/_ |~~~~~~~~-________________-_________________\ ~--_ !---------|_________ ------~~~~~(-- )--~~ \ /~~~~\~~\ )--- \_ /( || | | \ () \\ \\____/_ / ()\ \\ `~~~~~~~~~-. \ \\ \ \ \\ \ \ \\ \ \ \\ \ \ \\ \ \ () \| _\_\__====~~~
Reply to
Ignoramus30461

oh, really?

Reply to
Bill Noble

Yep!

You are passing judgment on people commenting on a video that you, yourself, did not even bother to watch.

I am thouroughly disgusted.

Ignoramus30461

Back when I could afford to take flying lessons, I was always looking for a place to land, that is drilled into your head in training. Tip, if you are over a nice place, then circle it. The first time my instructor cut the throttles, I didn't think of that solution.

I doubt you will ever find a pilot that thinks looking for a place to let down while flying along the intended route has made him or her a victim of fearing their aircraft will fail on them.

Your argument is absurd.

Wes

Reply to
Wes

You big baby! Take it like a man!

Reply to
Buerste

Hmmm, Dictionary handy? "Instinctual", "Unconsciously"? You choose not to be aware, fine by me! Put your fingers in your ears, close your eyes and shout "LA-LA-LA-LA-LA-LA-LA". Oh, and when you're walking in the dog park, don't look down, we don't want you to FEAR stepping in Poo.

Reply to
Buerste