Terrorists and Leups

"Several al-Qaida leaders believe operatives can pay their way into the country through Mexico, and also believe illegal entry is more advantageous
than legal entry for operational security reasons," James Loy, deputy secretary at the time, said in his testimony. ...
http://news.yahoo.com/news?tmpl=story&u=/ap/20050310/ap_on_go_pr_wh/rice_8
[commentary] If the BATFE management had half a brain among them, they would realize that anyone who wanted to use APCP for nefarious purposes would do so without getting a LEUP for exactly the same reasons. So who do they expect to stop/catch with their time and resource-wasting "paperwork"?
--
...The Bit Eimer NAR 84054 L0
"My goal in life is to be the kind of person my cat thinks he is"

Citizen gotcha to justify their budget.
With you on that one Jerry. Those who want to do something illegal won't ask first. Those who are trying to do something for perfectly legal and constitutional ("Persuit of happiness") reasons are the only people who would apply for a LEUP. Which begs the question: Why is it so much g*dang effort to get a LEUP?

I repeat.
Citizen gotcha to justify their budget.

Have you tried. How about those living in major metro cities. How many LEUPs with storage do you think there are in the city of Chicago or NYC or LA? Not everyone lives at Black Rock or Cedar City.
They that can give up essential liberty to obtain a little temporary safety deserve neither liberty nor safety. -- Benjamin Franklin Historical Review of Pennsylvania. 1759
Bob - no. I did however look into it - something tells me I will be using hybrids before getting into a LEUP. The fact that my development prohibits "Free standing external structures, sheds and trailers" is going to make it very hard to meet storage req's.
And I pity those in the metro areas, it must be god awful Bob Kaplow wrote:

perfectly
only
it
many LEUPs

LA? Not

Baffle:    http://nira-rocketry.org/LeadingEdge/Phantom4000.pdf
www.nar.org
Benjamin Chapman wrote:

The ATF will grant storage exemptions for attached garages. You first have to get it approved by your local Fire Department or Public Safety Department.

27 CFR 555.141-a-8

I'm i a rather rural area, but have the same restriction. I got an attached garage variance years ago. Unfortunately if I want to move up to bigger stuff, I've got to deal with IL regs, which don't have such variances, and don't have an LE class: everything is treated like dynamite. NFW can I comply with IL regs where I live. To prevent encroachment, it would take a 10 acre plot free of a house to meet IL distance requirements for a single K550.
The problem with governments is that citizens need to keep them on a short leash; unfortunately the nature of the beast is such that governments can usually arrange it so that only they hold their own leash.
prevent encroachment, it would take a

For now, till we someday win , can't you buy and fly on site ?
I've seen many motor dealers at the launches near you more then happy to service you that Pro54 K660 in your rocket.
Jerry Irvine wrote:

the
advantageous
deputy
http://news.yahoo.com/news?tmpl=story&u=/ap/20050310/ap_on_go_pr_wh/rice_8
realize that

without
Bingo!
BTW, I saw another article recently that said several of the 9/11 hijackers had legally purchased guns here. Naturally, the politicians' response was "we need to tighten gun restrictions!" The correct response is, "We need to stop letting these people into the country!"
The recent hubbub was over people that have names matching names on the FBI's terrorist watch list. The list is so secret you don't know you are on it, why you are on it, or how to get off. But when the FBI did the required background check with the extra check against the watch list, because the person passed the background check, they were OK'd to purchase a gun.
There is much hand wringing over how these law abiding individuals were permitted to purchase a gun. Much noise about how this must change. So if someone at the FBI (or wherever) gets a wild hair and puts your name on the watch list without a trial or any other judicial proceeding, they want to prevent you from buying a gun. Because you might be a bad person.
Quick now, what prominent persons have turned up on the watch list?
Senator Edward Kennedy for one. At least he had the clout to be able to call Tom Ridge to get it cleared up.
snipped-for-privacy@aol.com wrote: > BTW, I saw another article recently that said several of the 9/11 > hijackers had legally purchased guns here. Naturally, the politicians' > response was "we need to tighten gun restrictions!" The correct > response is, "We need to stop letting these people into the country!" > > p >
--
David W. Schultz
David Schultz wrote:

That's a good thing; who want's that alleged sloppy drunk driver to have a gun?? (:-)

W. E. Fred Wallace wrote:

'alleged'?
All of a sudden I have the urge to dig up my old Dead Kennedys vinyl :)
Ted Novak TRA#5512 IEAS#75

Which FAILED.

Jerry Irvine wrote:

Ridge was governor here before he was lynched as security whatever. He was a joke of a governor and it was obvious it was not what he knew but who he knew. He was a lunkerhead. We should not be too annoyed that the security of the country would be screwed up under him. When he was governor we were happy to see him put one foot in front of another so we didn't have to pay more medical bills. Only in America could he find work for more than two decisions. He would be canned in any other country after his first mistake.
Most things fail under Ridge, including Ridge.
Chuck

Besides all that, didn't he lose reelection to a dead guy?
Jerry

No, that Was Ashcroft.....Ridge took a sure thing, the Germans wanted to make boats at the Philly Naval Yard, and Ridge pissed them off so much, they basically said when you find someone with a brain we can talk to give us a call. It took another two years for someone to put a deal together and get the Naval yard into private hands. If he was a horse he'd have been put out of his misery by now.
Chuck

I stand corrected.
On Sat, 12 Mar 2005 03:25:21 GMT, Chuck Rudy
Then he'd be able to beat Ashcroft in the next election. :-)
Mario Perdue NAR #22012 Sr. L2 for email drop the planet
http://roci.indyrockets.org "X-ray-Delta-One, this is Mission Control, two-one-five-six, transmission concluded."