hi 308 ammo prices

Here in California..at 3 gun stores Ive visited in the last 6 months...the cheap ones were $45/k..all the way up to $67/k

Last summer, I stocked up on Federals for $12/k

Im glad I bought 12k primers. Just to add to existing stocks.

Shrug

Gunner

Gunner Asch

On Fri, 13 Nov 2009 21:52:00 -0500, the infamous "Buerste" scrawled the following:

Talk to Ronnie Barrett. ;)

-- When we are planning for posterity, we ought to remember that virtue is not hereditary. -- Thomas Paine

Reply to
Larry Jaques

Does nitric acid smell like bleach? Been a LONG time since I smelled nitric acid.

Reply to
Stormin Mormon

Kinda, sorta, in the way that iodine smells like bleach.

Reply to
Carl Ijames

.

Do you have a better way to describe an unfamiliar smell in writing? Bleach, nitrogen dioxide and ozone have similar smells that are completely different from the organic solvents that might be left in the powder.

We learned to sniff chemicals by waving a hand over the unscrewed cap to expose ourselves to as little of the chemical as possible. Also to be doubly sure we labelled everything indelibly and didn't need to ID by smell, but the knowledge was very important in case of spills.

The M-16 clogging and jamming problem in Vietnam was partly caused by calcium added to the powder to neutralize the acid.

jsw

Reply to
Jim Wilkins