OT Another republican heard from

Mon,

members of

Nope, he stayed a Democrat.

left-liberal

I know a couple of folks you might call left-liberal Democrats and can assure you that even they don't consider Dukes to have been a typical Republican.

I merely note that when he chose to enter mainstream politics he chose to run as a Republican instead of joining the Democrats as had his ilk over the previous century or so.

Good for them. I am also grateful to that ass, Frank Buchanon for running against GH Bush in the 1992 election. Buchanon finished second in all the primaries, pushing Dukes back to an even more distant third, and thus depriving Dukes of almost all publicity.

Reply to
fredfighter

Befor or after his election?

IRT Byrd one could argue that there is no saint like a reformed sinner, or that he is a blackheart of the worse sort. I expect the truth is somewhere in between.

As long as we're dumping on racists, how about Woodrow Wilson? I've read that it was he who first segregated the US Navy.

Reply to
fredfighter

Aww, go on gunner, don't be modest. According to you and all his buddies, 'ol georgie was never responsible for *anything*. This is the reverse inverse convolution of Truman's "The Buck Stops Here" sign.

GWB has one that says "I Diddin DO It!" on his desk.

Jim

Reply to
jim rozen

Borrowed from Bubba no doubt. "I did not..have sex with that woman..."

Gunner

Gunner

I think the (republican) politicians are just gonna have to get over the idea that they can screw up ad infinitum, and then just blame Bill for whatever went wrong.

At some point the folks who remember clinton will be all dead and buried, at that point it's gonna get old.

Jim

Reply to
jim rozen

Surely you jest. Some of them still blame FDR.

It is surprising that more of them don't blame LBJ, he proved that admitting Texas to the Union was a mistake.

Reply to
fredfighter

I think you got this wrong. It's the citizens who are laying blame for Bush's fiscal policies, among other issues. Do you see a lot of partisan finger-pointing on the part of the democrats in government right now?

I would say quite the opposite, the senate is all playing nice in the sandbox at the present, right and left compromising and all.

Jim

Reply to
jim rozen

Yet another example of the 'everything that's wrong with what's happeneing now is somebody else's fault' mentality.

Jim

Reply to
jim rozen

Christ yes. You live in a cave or something?

Really? On what planet was that again? Or are you claiming that the

12 moderates coming up with a deal on the judicial nominations thing is status quo?

Gunner

Gunner

But that was Bill's fault!!

Jim

Reply to
jim rozen

Neither is GWB. He and his administration are spending money they don't have, like the proverbial drunken sailor. Oh for the days of the balanced federal budget.

Jim

Reply to
jim rozen

So the definition of a Liberal is "Spendthrift"? Isn't that pretty much what we've been saying all along?

Reply to
Rex B

Well, that hasn't happened for many decades, Jim...

Reply to
Dave Hinz

Hmm. We must have been *close* at some point in the past.

Jim

Reply to
jim rozen

Not since January of 1961 - and, even then, we still had a National Debt left over from WW2 and Korea.

As to a "true" set of "balanced books", you'd have to go back to January,

1933, when FDR took office and the Democrats started to spend the country out of "The Great Depression".
Reply to
RAM^3

The lies of the balanced federal budget - sure on paper. However, Budgets of many departments - fisheries, forestry, ....... lost their budgets to the spending president BUBA so he could still have fun. Sadly, I watched it in action and re-action.

Martin

Reply to
lionslair at consolidated dot

Yeah, true-blue conservatives (my father-in-law was one) really pine for the '30s, when virtue was king and America was running on an even keel.

I think a lot of them wish we were still there. Everything that's happened to our economy since then is, of course, a charade.

-- Ed Huntress

Reply to
Ed Huntress

Hmm...doesn't that make GWB the biggest liberal in American history?

-- Ed Huntress

Reply to
Ed Huntress

Ah, those old Tax&Spend republicans. Just can't get away from them.

Jim

Reply to
jim rozen

Come on, Ed! We didn't just fall off the turnip truck. Can you think of any area during the campaign John Kerry didn't plan to out-spend GWB if he had the chance? His only topics during the campaign were how he would do everything bigger and better and spend more! Even in areas where they disagreed he still planned to stay the course, only do more bigger/better/faster. You Liberals think we all have short memories... even those of you who claim not to be Liberals.

George Willer

Reply to
George Willer