OT: EBAY Seller Unhappy W/ -feedback

This might be something that eBay would consider to be in violation of their feedback policy, specifically "Feedback Manipulation":

"... offering to sell, buy, or barter feedback is not permitted. ..."

Offering a refund in exchange for withdrawing negative feedback isn't quite exactly the same as offering to buy or barter feedback, but it seems pretty close to me. If I had received an offer like this one, I think I'd report it to eBay and see if they want to do anything about it.

Reply to
Doug Miller

HOLY SMOKE!! Who would buy from someone that has 20,000 neg feedbacks??? As president Bush would say" Fool me once and shame on you, fool me again and... and... and well.. fool me again and... ahhhh..."

Really, would would buy from them???

LLB

Reply to
LLBrown

Got a DVI cable?

Reply to
Maxwell Lol

Probably not unless I figured I could afford to just throw the money away. OTOH, though, the positives are far more numerous than the negatives. Somebody must be happy with them...

Reply to
Doug Miller

True, except...WHY ON EARTH would you buy from somebody with feedback like that? If all his buyers are bitching about slow shipping, why did you think your case would be any different???

You ALWAYS check feedback before bidding, and I make it a rule never to bid on anything from someone with records like this, expecially on commonly available stuff. If you were looking for the last 50 foot,

72-pin parallel interface cable for Univac disc drives on earth, then sure, if he had it maybe you'd be willing to wait. But for common stuff, nah!
Reply to
Bob

Bullshit! If the order dropped into a crack, why didn't it crawl out when he emailed more than once? For that matter, why have so many others had the same experience? These people need a wakeup call.

Responsible people don't treat other people that way. Word needs to get out----sellers like this should wear the reputation they earn.

Harold

Harold

Reply to
Harold and Susan Vordos

well, I have a small pile of DVI cables - new ones, in fact, from HP (if you want one, get my email from

and email me off the list

Reply to
Bill N

seeking bruce barnett - tried to answer your email RE DVI, mail bounced - contact me again with a working address so I can contact you, please

bill n

Reply to
Bill N