OT - The continuing Wolfowitz saga

It's getting pretty down and dirty.

From The Wall Street Journal:

  • World Bank Rolls -- Nearly 1,400 employees make more than Condi Rice

Thursday, May 3, 2007.

  • Notes on a Scandal -- How ethical are Paul Wolfowitz's detractors?

Tuesday, May 1, 2007.

  • Dutch Rub-Out -- Wolfowitz and the World Bank's Euro-cabal

Monday, April 30, 2007.

  • Africans for Wolfowitz -- Third World reformers resist a coup by rich Europeans

Friday, April 27, 2007.

Joe Gwinn

Reply to
Joseph Gwinn

Right. With all that political shit not belonging here. Or what does "metalworking" stand for? It's OK to discuss that if you want, but *NOT* here! There are better groups with a lot more audience that is very interested about what news you have for them.

And if you are so good in reading and having so much spare time, how about reading the group's charter and once and forever understand it?

Nick

Reply to
Nick Mueller

There is no possible way "OT" and the subject line could have made you think it was metalworking related. Some of us read what others in the group think is politicly important. Are you bothered by all the articles in the newspaper that don't interest you? Or do you just not read them? Dixon

Reply to
Dixon

It might be important, but it plain simply doesn't match the groups tagline and charter. P E R I O D!

As soon as I find political articles in Model Engine Builder, I'll kick his ass from back and front and don't renew. Got it?

Nick

Reply to
Nick Mueller

Nick, when you go to your barber, are you allowed to talk about topics that are not directly related to hair cutting? If it's a regular poster to the group whom we all recognize let them have their 2 cents say!

Dixon

Reply to
Dixon

This is a social forum, where people can socialize with other like minded people and discuss a variety of topics. Nick can start his own moderated newsgroup if he wants to control something.

Ignoramus3259

You little Iggiot should never use the word "social", because you don't have the slightest clue of it.

And it is *NOT* you how will change the group's charter. Go read it and shut up!

Nick

Reply to
Nick Mueller

Was that answer really such a challenge to understand?

Q: "Are you bothered by all the articles in the newspaper that don't interest you? Or do you just not read them?"

A: "As soon as I find political articles in Model Engine Builder, I'll kick his ass from back and front and don't renew. Got it?

OK, probably to complicated.

a) I cut the few remaining hairs by myself. b) I don't go to the barber and ask him for an engine overhaul of my car. c) If he starts one of those typical barber-talks, I don't answer and he immediately will stop. 'Cause he's got enough brain to realize that this is not what I'm paying for. And he wouldn't try next time.

They can say even a dollar if on-topic. And they can spend their remaining two cents about politics in a political group. There are enough. Go find them and have fun in here. Is it really so hard to understand that there are many different groups each having their specific subject, so that everyone can find others with the same interest?

I am not interested in your politics, so I'm reading a metalworking group. Stunningly easy, eh?

Nick

Reply to
Nick Mueller

filter A program that examines incoming data to ensure that only information within certain parameters is allowed to pass through. For example, you can filter out e-mail messages based on the sender's information or certain subject lines. A filter is also a program that accepts a certain type of data as input, transforms it in some manner, and then outputs the transformed data. For example, a program that sorts names is a filter: It accepts names in unsorted order, sorts them, and then outputs the sorted names. Basically, it is a means of narrowing the scope of a report by specifying ranges or types of data to include or exclude. Utilities that allow you to import or export data are also sometimes called filters.

Reply to
Max

To compare this forum to going to the barbar is idiotic. How about this, would you go to an AA meeting and start talking about your new home-brew kit? This isn't about freedom of speech it's about respect. We come here to discuss metalworking and related topics. I would think if the individual who posted it was so interested in "discussing" his chosen topic and actually entertaining an "exchange" with poeple who are also interested, he would find the appropriate place to do so.

Reply to
best wire

Oh, and it will also avoid that other idiots are attracted and think OT is OK here? Haven't heard about that technology.

Might be brain 0.1. :-)

Stinking 62% OT here are enough to ruin a group!

Nick

Reply to
Nick Mueller

"Max" subject lines. A filter is also a program that accepts a certain type of

Simpler explanation of filter:

The tip of your finger that in some people is connected by a nerve to their brain that enables them to activate the up and down arrows to avoid topics such as "400 ways to screw sheep" so that they don't have to read ALL of them and then bitch about their content.

Hope this helps.

Steve

Reply to
Steve B

It's not all of the OT, but a preponderance of political bickering that drives many of the more able participants away. It's like filling in a pond, eventually there reaches a point at which there no place for water amid the muck and mud.

Jon

Reply to
Jon Danniken

Have you considered therapy? SSRIs can also help those with your affliction. I have attempted many different tactics to discourage OT posters; all to no avail. I filter.

Max

Reply to
Max

If only there was some way to mark an OT thread in such a way that someone could avoid it without reading the posts...

Reply to
Dave Hinz