OT What do you think about this electric Trikke/scooter?

I forgive him, now get the f*ck out of my thread.

Reply to
John Doe

Irrelevant.

If you have something worthy of saying then spit it out.

Reply to
krw

It is just my opinion, asshole, don't take it personally.

Abbey Somebody wrote:

news.astraweb.com!border1.newsrouter.astraweb.com!news-out.octanews.net!indigo.octanews.net!news.glorb.com!npeer01.iad.highwinds-media.com!news.highwinds-media.com!feed-me.highwinds-media.com!post01.iad.highwinds-media.com!newsfe14.iad.POSTED!7564ea0f!not-for-mail

Reply to
John Doe

And vice versa...

Reply to
John Doe

There are >120,000,000 electric scooters in China. Most of them have dual mirrors, fairings, large storage compartments for stuff etc. etc. And they cost a LOT less than $2500 to buy.

One of the biggest problems with them in North America is that they're typically classed as motorcycles and require a special license if you want to take them on the road.

Best regards, Spehro Pefhany

Reply to
Spehro Pefhany

What a fool. At least I was being on thread. You can't even meet that modest threshold.

Reply to
krw

Your thread?

Bwuahahahahaha!

You really are 100% in the dark about this Usenet, which you have interloped your retarded, forum invading ass into.

You own NOTHING, Doe boy.

Reply to
Abbey Somebody

I was at a yard sale today..and they were selling a "Wizzer", which looked pretty cool.

The new version...

an original on Ebay.

I know a guy who has 3 similar bikes...all made by Harley Davidson

Reply to
Gunner Asch

Maybe the economic problems are souring this group(s). Whatever is causing your personal problems, your politics crap should be taken to a politics group. I was hoping for comments on hub motors, but apparently some of you cannot see through your politics blinders.

Reply to
John Doe

They are so sensitive to mistreatment that they require built-in monitoring and control chips, which also insulate the user from realizing how delicate they are.

I've analyzed field return lithium batteries that logged their voltage, charge and discharge currents and temperature, with time stamps. It was quite obvious when a damaged battery had been left out all day in Phoenix or overnight in Minneapolis, for example. The user might not realize the change unless they had special equipment to measure the drop in amp-hour capacity but it showed up immediately in the log. The charged voltage stayed constant.

Those green zone boundaries are very real and I've seen cells die when they crossed over each of them.

jsw

Reply to
Jim Wilkins

screw you. These ain't KSR's anymore. Learn some history.

Reply to
Califbill

You've been on line a LONG time, eh?

jsw, once a Model 16 repairman.

Reply to
Jim Wilkins

You're an idiot, Live mail retard boy. This IS Usenet, you stupid fucktard.

Reply to
FatBytestard

So you didnt like the observations I made on gasoline powered bikes as a side note?

Really?

Bummer dude!

If Id cared the slightest bit what you liked, Id have utterly ignored it simply because you are an utter dick.

Shrug.

Deal with it, or not. Nonevermindtome.

Gunner

Reply to
Gunner Asch

He gets quite boring after a while. Most people kill file him by his IP address so you only have to update it if Cox moves him to a new block of IP addresses. He whines like a six year old girl and cusses like a dyslexic sailor. He is in the San Diego area, if you get 'really' bored and want to meet him. :)

He belongs in the new "Don't you believe it' wing of the famous Ripley's museum.

Reply to
Michael A. Terrell

Meet him? Whatever for? I only liked that one particular bit of spew he uttered.

It as a stand alone, was a work of art.

Now the man...shrug..different story.

Gunner

Reply to
Gunner Asch

To make him buy you a couple cases of Mt. Dew, of course! He has bragged about using his 'Freind's' ID to shop at the Base Exchange, so it's the least he can do for someone who really served. He also 'thinks' that he's a weapons expert. :)

Calling him 'the man' is a real stretch of anyone's imagination. Most doen't even call him human. :(

Reply to
Michael A. Terrell

Same problem as all the rest of the "miracle" "zero-emissions" vehicles. Not legal to ride it in the street, not legal to ride it on public sidewalks, so what's it good for? Wouldn't get me to work even if it was. Last Segway I saw, a mall cop was running it around inside the mall, so of kind of limited use on private property. Cities around here have been adamant about not permitting powered vehicles other than for handicapped on city sidewalks. Just had a law revision passed allowing slow-moving battery vehicles, like big golf carts, on the streets for restricted usage. Nothing like this, though. And still have to be licensed and have insurance. Hasn't gotten a lot of play, yet, the local potholes would swallow up the front end of one.

Brushless motors have been around for ages, you've probably got one or more in the fan(s) in your PC. With the availability of high-power rare earth magnets, you can get more torque out of them now, more so if you gear 6K rpm down. Just uses a controller chip to switch power to various stationary coils, a mongo magnet on the shaft and sensor(s) to tell the chip when to switch power to the next coil set. Theoretically, the life of the motor is then determined by the bearing life, theoretically.

Was just looking up rare-earth magnets, as it happens. Turns out a Prius has a kilogram of neodymium in it. This might put more of crimp in Greens' proposals for all-electric transport than lack of power for charging or means to carry it, just because a "rare-earth element" isn't called that for nothing. And China is the main supplier. Lithium isn't all that common, either.

Stan

Reply to
stans4

My response to your stupidity makes YOU look stupid, dipshit. Not that that is any feat.

Reply to
Archimedes' Lever

Yup. Before the days of the internet and was all text. Arpa net via a local university. 1981 I think was first. We had KSR 33 as I/O.

Reply to
Califbill