Tool Gloat!!

Sometimes the gods smile on us mere morals... how about a Clausing 8530,

29x6.5" table, new motor, new spindle bearings, minor dings in the table, 6" vise, 7 MT2 collets and some junker spare parts for a broken feed X axis power feed?

How about a whopping $250.00 Plus shipping of course... which will probably be more than the mill. Time maybe to sell the small Benchmaster... naw!

Besides, three mills are better than one (Burke Millrite, this "new" Clausing and my old standby, a rebuilt Benchmaster). CNC retrofit time!!! Whee, more fun in the shop!!

Steve

Reply to
Steve Koschamnn

"Steve Koschamnn" snipped-for-privacy@fluidforms.com

Steve

FM Well, I'm not amoral, but I want to be.

Steve

FM The second milling machine is always the best. The third's a mere confirmation of its predecessor's importance. FM

Reply to
Fdmorrison

Since you already HAVE the Burke I won't suggest what I did in a similar situation ...

Convert the Benchmaster into it's horizontal format. It's great to have BOTH a vertical and a horizontal mill.

Dan Mitchell ==========

Steve Koschamnn wrote:

Reply to
Daniel A. Mitchell

|Sometimes the gods smile on us mere morals... how about a Clausing 8530, |29x6.5" table, new motor, new spindle bearings, minor dings in the table, |6" vise, 7 MT2 collets and some junker spare parts for a broken feed X axis |power feed? | |How about a whopping $250.00 Plus shipping of course...

Sold. Ship to Ft Worth, Texas 76248 Check is in the (e)mail. Rex in Fort Worth

Reply to
Rex B