What is it? LV - new

Cutter for sealing wax? heat the blade over a candle, cut a thin slice from the stick and apply to the document and while it is still soft, imprint it with the owners mark. Gerry :-)} London, Canada

Reply to
Gerald Miller

I'm thinking it's some sort of harness-maker's tool, but that's a WAG.

Reply to
Dave Balderstone

Or maybe for trimming up used candles?

Rhiannon

Reply to
rhiannon

You and me both!

They get some coverage in this site...

Erik

Reply to
Erik

This one isn't for cutting anything.

Rob

Reply to
rhvp65

Nope, it's something that was used around the house.

Rob

Reply to
rhvp65

This one wasn't used on candles.

Rob

Reply to
rhvp65

It's not for any type shoe at all. :-)

Reply to
rhvp65

308. Thumbscrews for interrogating geckos. 309. Cattle IUD. 310. Business end of electric circumciser machine. 311. Japanese tool for coring squids. 312. Move gravity slightly to the left. 313. That isn't even a little funny. 314. Red tape dispenser.

Posting from rec.crafts.metalworking.

Reply to
B.B.

Thankyou ! It now has a name 8-)

Reply to
Andy Dingley

Cheese cutter?

Mike

Reply to
Michael Daly

It's not used as a cutter.

Rob

Reply to
R.H.

I presume this refers to my comment about the Curtas (since you didn't quote any of the article at all, and I just followed the thread back).

Wanting one, and being willing to take $500 away from machine tool or photo or computer purchases is a different thing. :-)

Enjoy, DoN.

Reply to
DoN. Nichols

The Curta is mine. I have a tutorial pamphlet, but it assumes you already know the basics of how to use the thing. This is the first time I've seen a manual.

Now I can learn how to use it. Woo-hoo!

Reply to
Mark Shaw

Scienctific America with 2004/2005 would also be useful. They have an article giving a very good analysis.

Reply to
Terry Collins

This site will tell you EVERYTHING you need to know about your Curta, even how to take it apart and fix it.

Art

The Curta is mine. I have a tutorial pamphlet, but it assumes you already know the basics of how to use the thing. This is the first time I've seen a manual.

Now I can learn how to use it. Woo-hoo!

-- Mark Shaw moc TOD liamg TA wahsnm ======================================================================== "The most exciting phrase to hear in science, the one that heralds new discoveries, is not 'Eureka!' but 'That's funny....'" - Isaac Asimov

Reply to
Wood Butcher