What is it? LV - new

This one isn't for cutting anything.
Rob

Weights hidden in the blocks?

Horseshoe remover?
result in a fully-depreciated one.

That would work, but there are no weights in the wood pieces.

This one isn't for removing horseshoes.

Camelshoe, Yakshoe or mother-in-law shoe remover? :)
Regards, Joe Agro, Jr. (800) 871-5022 http://www.AutoDrill.com http://www.Multi-Drill.com

It's not for any type shoe at all. :-)
303 - land surveyor's widget for finding a perpendicular to a line already layed out.
Mike
313 looks to light duty to be used on any kind of wood.
I'll wager it's to shape the end of candles.

This one isn't for use on candles.

311. Fitting tool for "Lift the Dot" fasteners (hood covers on British sportscars)
I've seen and used these things many times, but only with home-made tools. I've never seen the "original" tool in the wild.

sportscars)
tools. I've never seen the "original" tool in the wild.
The guy I bought it from had it in a box of full of old cobbler's tools but I'm sure that this one was also used for other purposes than making shoes.
Rob

    Posting from rec.crafts.metalworking:
308)    Fasten onto a square to allow repeatable layout of stair steps into the     support beam.
309)    Bodywork "dolly" used to back up sheet metal as it is "dinged"     (hammered) to straighten out the results of an accident.
310)    Pencil sharpener as seen by the about-to-be-sharpened pencil.     Looks like one of the nicer ones with a bronze body. But not     one of the nicest ones, which have an adjustable point stop to     select how sharp a point you will produce.
311)    Punch -- and it looks like the kind used to prepare a mounting     point for a snap fastener of the kind used on tonneau covers and     hoods (folding tops) for convertibles. It produces a hole in     the cloth to clear the pin that the snap fits over, and the snap     mechanism, and punches four slits in the cloth to accept tongues     from the outer portion of the snap to pass through slots in the     other half prior to being bent over to lock it in place.
312)    The curve formed by the pieces allows more wood on the left     to counterbalance the greater extension to the right of the few     pieces. There may be magnets or velcro to aid, but I don't     think that it would be necessary with this stacking pattern.
313)    Saw -- probably metal cutting (based on the tooth pitch) for     use in close quarters.
314)    ***** B * I * N * G * O *****     I *want* that. I've wanted one since I first read about them.     It is a Curta mechanical calculator -- a wonderful example of     mechanical engineering and miniaturization. It adds, subtracts,     multiplies and divides many-digit numbers. With some tricks, it     even will do square roots. That is a *major* collector's item.
    Enjoy,         DoN.
There are a number of them for sale on ebay right now, the cheapest one is at just less than $500 dollars.

    I presume this refers to my comment about the Curtas (since you didn't quote any of the article at all, and I just followed the thread back).
    Wanting one, and being willing to take $500 away from machine tool or photo or computer purchases is a different thing. :-)
    Enjoy,         DoN.

You and me both!
They get some coverage in this site...
http://www.hpmuseum.org/hpmuseum.html
Erik

308. Thumbscrews for interrogating geckos. 309. Cattle IUD. 310. Business end of electric circumciser machine. 311. Japanese tool for coring squids. 312. Move gravity slightly to the left. 313. That isn't even a little funny. 314. Red tape dispenser.
Posting from rec.crafts.metalworking.
http://web2.airmail.net/thegoat4 /
On Sat, 02 Apr 2005 09:54:13 -0600, "B.B."
Thankyou ! It now has a name 8-)